I began reading Twilight on our Honeymoon. I needed a good book to read, and it was highly recommended to me by several people. And I valued their opinions and so I caved in to societal pressure and read the first chapter. And I was hooked. The romantic in me took over and I was a puddle of mush. I soaked up every one of Edward's elegant words, believing they were my own. I fell in love with the love story.
On several occasions, Raleigh would come home from work to find me lost in my book and bawling. "What's the matter?" he would say with a very concerned look on his face and an arm around my shoulders. "Oh.... Raleigh," I would say "it's just awful, Edward left Bella-- he just left her there curled up in a ball in the forest...sobbing-- he's NEVER coming back-- what is she going to do?"
"Oh my gosh" he'd say "I thought it was something serious, I thought it was something REAL" and then he would walk away rolling his eyes and chuckling and shaking his head.
Well, imagine my excitement when the movie was coming to theaters. What was MY Edward going to look like? I couldn't wait to hear his words.
I saw Twilight with the girls and to say the very least, it was a monumental disappointment. The acting was horrible, Bella was a brat and Edward was a skinny, not very attractive man with a lousy voice. But I suppose my disappointment was to be expected... After all, MY Edward that I had created in my mind was TO DIE FOR. No man on this Earth (with the exception of Rob Lowe-- circa 1984) could even come close to comparing to the creature I had created.
So fast forward to Thanksgiving time 2009, Raleigh and Brayden had a conversation that went something like this:
Ral- Your mom is dragging me to New Moon
Bray- Oh geez. Sorry Man, that's rough
Ral- I know
Bray- You better eat a big bowl of "Special Gay" before you go
Ral- Oh I will. And if you clean your room while we are gone, you and I can watch Season 2 of Sex and the City together while we eat chocolate dipped strawberries when I get home.
Blah Blah Blah
And the teasing continued for hours and hours and/or a month or two.
So here is my question. Or rather, I have two...
If this movie/phenomenon is SO lame or girly or ridiculous....................
1. Why was it ME who missed the last 30 minutes of Eclipse last night because I was out in the lobby with the baby, while my husband was curled up in the theater with his bunch a crunch?
2. Why did HE have to fill ME in on all the details that I had missed (in detail I might add) for nearly the entire car ride home? Being sure that he didn't leave out phrases like "Rosalie looks like she's lost some weight, but I sure don't like her dark eyebrows with her blonde hair... etc. etc.
And then it dawned on me.... I am married to Edward. MY Edward is right under my nose. MY Edward comes home to me every night and says beautiful things to me and protects me and loves me. And cries with me when I cry. And makes me laugh all the time. And is the perfect blend of manly, sporty, sexiness and indescribably sincere sensitivity wrapped up in total romance. MY Edward makes Bella's Edward look like a chump.
I WAS in the lobby last night while HE watched and enjoyed the entire movie and I love him for it... more than ever.
Horse Country
7 years ago
3 comments:
Very Cute but wouldn't Edward have gone out with the baby? It seems like he would have BUT I guess when you are a true romantic type male it would be hard to pull yourself away from such an "unbelievable" love story, and there's something pretty wonderful about a true romantic type male!! So Good Choice, on your part, in getting a really great husband.
So I never read the books...somehow my attempt to be "original" and "not follow the crowd"...like always...made me repel the entire series.
So being only a movie go-er Thanks to my sweet Sis-in-Law and our tradition...I had NO Edward expectations what so ever. I must say I did like him in Twilight...thought he was relatively cute and I loved the comments he made to her...so I became an Edward fan. But then Jacob took his shirt off and I immediately changed my mind!
I too have an Edward under my nose. One who says sweet things and is loyal almost to a fault. He too protects me, cries with me and is always by my side. And when that shirt comes off??? My heart races EVERYTIME!
I guess that makes me TEAM BRENT!
Brian never went to see Twilight or New Moon. However, he has now seen them both and I think I've got him convinced to come and see Elicipse with Kami, Brent, and I in couple of weeks. Hopefully he'll love it as much as Raliegh. Now as far as the whole Edward or Jacob thing-well when reading the books I am totally Team Edward but in the movies I am totally Team Jacob BUT in real life no one can compare to my Brian!
Post a Comment