Monday, December 27, 2010

Extravaganza Day Five


The Progressive Dinner

Lindsay and I thought of having a progressive dinner. We planned to go to our house first, for appetizers, Lindsay's for salads and grandma's for the main course and dessert. Each house had to also plan a little activity.

We served mini quiches, bacon wraps and meatballs. But since I had to be to work at 4:00am that morning, I was to overwhelmed to come up with an activity. So we just sat around and talked.
Lindsay made delicious salads with candied pecans and pears
And then we played spoons
And I loved my husband
And Miss P wore her shades indoors
Then it was on to Grandma's for ham and turkey.
Grandma tied Sissy into a chair with her apron so she could eat like a big girl.
Aunt Sandy and Boston

Then we played Minute to Win It
I think they are playing pass the orange
Grandpa had to tie a bow with his feet
And Lindsay had to throw 5 M and Ms in Kenzie's mouth
And Kaleigh had to look adorable
And I came down with the flu. So much for that shot.

It was a great five days.
Such a great way to celebrate the holiday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Heavens, I'm exhausted just reading about your Five Day Extravaganza! No wonder you've gotten sick. I used to always get pneumonia the week between Christmas and New Years...I guess it was MY tradition, it happened many years in a row, I hope I haven't passed that on to you. Looks like a fun dinner and I'm sure the food was wonderful. Now I hope you will feel better soon.

Chelsea said...

So much fun!! Could I ask you a favor? I didn't take one single picture, is there anyway you could email me the cute pictures you took? I know you're crazy busy but if you get a chance, my email is riddler222@hotmail.com. And I swear the next time I see you I WILL remember to give you back your jump drive!! It's been sitting in my purse for months, and somehow every time I forget to give it to you! So sorry!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

What a good idea! I think we should do this next year!
Sorry about the flu thing...I don't get shots and I NEVER get sick...I think they are the cause!
Cant wait to meet little Kaleigh this weekend...she is getting bigger!
Love you!