Friday, December 24, 2010

Extravaganza Day Three

Christmas Eve
We have established a Christmas Eve Tradition and this was our third year.
Russ and Shauna meet us at Wingers and we overindulge in Sticky Fingers and Potato Wedges and then we go up to our house for desserts and we open our gifts from Grandpa and Grandma and one from Mom and Dad (pajamas).

This year, Raleigh had to work until 7:00 and so we just met him there too. Meaning, I had to get all of the kids there in my car.

DISCLAIMER

Now, I have a friend Mike, who is on the Salt Lake City SWAT team and a friend Josh who is the Assistant District Attorney in Dallas... the next three photos are NOT to be viewed by either of you... or if you do disobey and look at them, they are NOT to be held against me... because you have NO proof the car is actually movingBut here are four of the girls in the backseat
Here are the other two in the front seat... yep that's Allie on the floor.
And here is the psycho Mom... following every rule of the road, going the exact speed limit and praying that the fine Lehi, Utah Police Force is EVERYWHERE that I am not.
YES!!!! We made it to the restaurant without a bruise or a one way ticket to the slammer
although that would have made this post WAY more interesting
This year, Courtney was able to join in on the fun
Kaleigh talked to Grandma all night long and smiled and cooed.
And looked soooo super cute
And we opened gifts
And "feety" pajamas
And got really tired
And felt lots of love
And said Goodnight and went to bed

Hope Santa finds us.
And hope Raleigh and I get to sleep in for the first time in 6 weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI...I've been trying to call all morning and I just get your voicemail. Looks like a fun Christmas Eve, even the car ride to Wingers looks to have been quite an adventure. I'm glad for the "heads up" on some of the gifts because I see some duplications down here, I'll try to get that fixed. Merry Christmas to ALL and to ALL a Good Night!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I am so surprised that after Brayden's "footsy pajama" ordeal, that you would consider purchasing more of them ;)
Looks like a crazy, fun night! Hopefully Santa will bring you a BUS for Christmas. But not a short bus... that could be so embarrassing!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love this post! I'm thinking Santa should at least bring you one of those big passanger vans so the whole family can ride together in safety:)
Your family is just too cute!

Anonymous said...

For the record, your friend Josh is in Fort Worth, the home of TCU (Rose Bowl Champions). Secondly, he is a federal prosecutor, not a state DA. Third, that knock on your door later today will be the FBI. Politely let them in.

josh