Monday, October 10, 2011

A New Tradition??

Kami and Brent came up for the Lund/Ellsworth Rivalry game that is going to be a new yearly tradition. This year it was in Salt Lake. It was freezing. It was my first time at a U of U game

Next year the game will be in sunny, warm Arizona and we will be there with our three babies under 3. But, we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Here we are leaving for the game. All hopeful. Happy. Hungry. It's way more fun to go to a rivalry game when neither team is really your team. I was feeling no pressure.
I wish I had an explanation for what was going on with my hair. But sadly I don't. I think I will blame it on the same thing that is going on with my stomach... which I also don't have an explanation for. I'm pretty much a mess.

We had to hike for quite a while to get to the stadium. But it was a good thing, we had just eaten our body weight at the Black Bear Diner.... Fabulous Food... Outrageous portions... YummmmmSo here are my observations.... I LOVE the Ute colors so much more than BYU. I love the Ute paraphenalia/logos/clothing selection so much better than BYU. The atmosphere at the stadium is fantastic, and they serve real diet coke there.




The stadium is gorgeous!! To say the very least. All of the benefits of having the Olympics there a few years back are still evident. I loved that the lights were on in the middle of the day because it was a tad dark and dreary. I loved the low lying clouds on the mountains in the background. I loved that we were in real seats and not squished like sardines on metal benches. I loved my very warm snuggie and snuggling with my Ute Lover.





I can't be sure, but I think he might have been praying. Look at Brent and Kami all buried deep within a sea of red and not caring one bit about it.


We are such dorks. But a fair weather fan HE is not and I love him for it. We'll get em next year, Lover.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I certainly do have mixed emotions about this new rivalry. I have always rooted for the Utes (as long as they weren't playing against BYU) but lately their fan base (not including my Ute son-in-law) has become so brutally rivalous (is that a word?) that I am totally against anything RED (not really, I love the color of red). I agree with you on your many feelings about the Utes, i.e., color, paraphenalia, souvenirs, clothing, etc. but I have decided that I am just going to have to root against this awful team, mainly because their fans are so disgusting. As far as ASU goes...talk about loving their colors...I really do. When their stadium is filled with Devil fans, there is nothing more gorgeous but I must say that I don't have any emotional ties to the team except now they are Ute rivals and that puts me "on their team". So...Go Devils! Of course, BYU is still the love of my life...I just wish they could decide WHAT their colors really are (blue, navy blue, khaki, white, gold????...who knows???), I know I would love them if I just knew for sure what to love!! Go Cougs!!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I am so glad this is going to be a yearly tradition. It was so fun and I all ready can't wait until next year...hopefully it will be warm and sunny! Thanks again for letting us stay with you and for providing all the entertainment.
Love you...see you soon.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

This sounds like a great tradition to me! Maybe I will even get to see you guys next year. I have to say that I am of course a devil fan. I mean if you live in AZ. your one of two fans usually and that is a ASU fan or a U of Gay fan:) However, I have to say that I really love the Utes colors and their stadium looks absolutely gorgeous! But on the flip side of that I have always loved BYU. SO anyway, (Sorry I'm rambling on and on) I will route for the Utes except when they play ASU or BYU. Hows that? Oh and by the way I think you are a doll pregnant!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh and your doll when your not pregnant too:) Your just a doll:)

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Sounds like fun. Next year I will watch your 3 babies under the age of 3 while you go to the game, because I honestly don't give a crap about either team ;) Gimme those babies and we will have a great time not cheering for either of those teams.

Anonymous said...

Love all the 'Loves' in this post!!! You can secretly cheer for the Utes and I promise not to tell :)

This was a fun day for us too but so tough to watch the second half! We'll see what Hays can bring to the team- GO UTES!!!