It's been a long time. And I have some thoughts...
1. I am just so not into this "private blogging" experience. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. So, I've made a decision. I am going to go public again the very second my baby is born. Because after all, it's MY blog and I should enjoy it to the fullest. So, I am going to set up that comment monitoring thing where I have to approve any comments before they just show up... that way, if someone were to lose her mind again and have trouble controlling herself and chooses to deal with her frustrations in a passive aggressive manner instead of like an adult and continues to act like a hormonal 13 year old "mean girl" in the damn seventh grade and tries to leave another thoughtless and unChristlike and quite frankly borderline retarded comment, Raleigh and I will be the only ones who will see it and we will instantly delete it!
2. I am so thankful that my mom and dad came up to spend Thanksgiving with us. We had such a fun day. We woke up and ate Cinnamon Rolls and watched the parade. We went to Chuck a Rama for dinner and before you laugh or feel sorry for us... it was delicious!! And relaxing!! And we didn't have to clean up or stress out or spend a thousand dollars on food. And we saw old friends. And then we watched football. And were entertained by the babies. A perfect way to spend a holiday that we as retailers consider a bummer holiday. Thanks parentals.
3. I am so happy that Black Friday is over. I literally felt like my life was climaxing up to that horrible day and the second it was over, I could begin again with happiness. I just hate the holiday season because Raleigh works so many hours and I miss him and people are not very nice. Well, we survived it and it was fantastic. It was a fun day. Fun being such a relative term. But we were both off by noon and then we took a long nap with our babies. Then we enjoyed each other (wink wink) then we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory with mom and dad. A lovely day it was. And it's OVER.
4. I really really love my husband. I really am married to the greatest guy. I am so lucky that I get to be with him every day. He is so good to me and I am so blessed. He says kind words to me actually appearing that he is actually physically attracted to me even though my body is all distorted for the 27th month of our 39 month marriage. It's almost like he really means it. I don't get it, but he acts like he likes me a lot. And that makes me feel so good.
5. And finally... just listen to this disgusting story. As you know, we live on a golf course. All filled with life in the form of wiggly critters that get cold and go in search of warmth. So, Raleigh has placed mouse poison in the vents in our walls just in case one of them makes the ghastly mistake of choosing OUR house. Unfortunately what happens is... they come in, eat the poison and then crall out of the vent and die in the middle of the floor somewhere. So, this morning I woke up in the dark, went to the gym, walked for an hour, came home, sent the kiddies off to school, checked on the babies and since they were still sleeping, I started tidying up. Picking up scraps of paper, empty bottles, shoes and a HALF DEAD MOUSE in the dark hallway.
I picked up the little brown (what I thought was a little sock) clump in the corner and it wiggled in my hand and squeaked and I LOST MY MARBLES. And I threw it violently on the floor and I started screaming uncontrollably and then I started crying and or sobbing and I got so upset I started hyperventalating and my whole body was tingling. And then I text Raleigh and subtly hinted that I really needed him to come home and get this mouse out of this house. And he kindly tried to tell me that he couldn't by saying things like... get it with the gloves, pick it up with a dust pan, you have to get it before one of the babies does. But I couldn't even walk by it or look at it. Yeah right, I'm going to pick it up.
My next move was to call the school and get Brayden excused so he could come home and rescue me. I called Abrielle, the attendence lady and although I was trying to be calm, I was, in reality, a stark raving lunitic, carrying on as if I was being held hostage. And she tried to seem empathetic but I could hear her laughing underneath her words and you just know the whole office, dare I say the entire Westlake Staff has been filled in on the story by now and I am the laughing stalk of the school district. But I don't care!!! If you walk on four legs... don't come in here and eat poison and die. You little shit!!
Anyway, not my best day so far. I've taken 3 showers to get the hauntavirus off of me and I have steam cleaned the hallway and vacuumed it like 40 times and I want to move.
And that is all...
Horse Country
7 years ago
6 comments:
First off I can't even comment on anything else UNTIL I say that I TOTALLY feel your pain with that mouse story! I'd have behaved the exact same way! Just the thoughts of all that I read I am squirming and dying right now. You poor thing! I'd like to say that if we lived close that I'd have come over and rescued you but the truth is I'd have been screaming and crying with you and I would have been no help. I for sure would have got Brayden out of school. There's no way I could have done it by myself that's for sure.
Okay, moving on....I think you should go back public if "She's" the only reason you went private than I wouldn't let someone else force me to take away my joy and happiness. I also in some ways think it's good for "her" to see your blog and how happy you all are! You go girl!
I'm so happy that your parents came up for Thanksgiving. That is so nice and I think next year the Ellsworth clan should consider going out for Thanksgiving dinner. Way less stress and mess for sure!
I'm so sorry to hear that you guys had to work Black Friday. I can see why you would be glad to be done with that day.
I'm so glad that you are happy and enjoying life with your sweet kiddos and the man of your dreams. You have so much to be thankful for and don't let anyone bring you down or try to take away your deserved happiness and joy.
Take Care,
JoLynn
Ditto to everything JoLynn said (I couldn't say it better). I'm so happy the mouse decided to show up AFTER we left, although Dad would have taken care of it easily. I remember a time, however, years ago when a snake got in our house in CA. OMGosh!!! It was just awful. I called Dad at work and said pretty much like you..."you need to come home right now!!" To which he responded, "I'll call someone to help you." Which he did but it was still so scary as I sat on the kitchen counter for the entire day. At least your mouse was almost dead...my snake was very much ALIVE!
I hope you can work out this public/private dilemma. It sounds like you have found the answer though, being able to monitor your comments is probably a very good idea.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your darling family. I wish I had taken more pictures because I didn't get any very good ones. Next time, for sure. I don't know how one family could have so many cute, well behaved children. It's amazing!
Black Friday seemed effortless to me. You and Raleigh just sailed through the day without a hitch. Of course, I wasn't at work with you but when we visited Raleigh at his store he seemed relaxed, said he'd just had a nap and everything was running smoothly. Sometimes just the anticipation is the worst part (just like with my R.S. lesson).
P.S. Something is wrong with the background on your blog. It stays pink and it's very hard to read the green writing. Maybe it's just my computer. Is anyone else having this problem?
I am so glad that you are coming back into the public world of blogging. You should NEVER allow other peoples insecurities and "serious issues" to force you to make changes in your life that lead to anything less than the absolute HAPPINESS you feel each day! AND besides...who gives a "RATS" ASS what that woman thinks anyway. (sorry about all the rats in your life)
Glad your suckie work day is over...but thanks for providing all those insane shoppers...like some of us...with all night entertainment!
love you...hope to see you soon!
You go girl!!!
Great update :)
Love the new background- very festive!
Cute new background... so festive. I am glad that you guys survived Black Friday. I worry about the two of you on that day. I am glad that neither of you got pepper sprayed, or trampled, etc. I swear there are some freaky people out there.
Good luck with the whole "going public" again. Make sure your skin is thick and let the nasty-mean comments just roll off.
total lol on the mouse story...only because it wasn't me who was actually dealing with it. lindsay has a great mouse story too-if only she blogged you could read about it. so glad it's in the past...hopefully no more little critters in your house!
horray on surviving black friday. wahoo.
and your thanksgiving sounds delightful. i'm all about going out if it works. i haven't ever tried it but i think it's a great idea on years no one is up for the cooking and mess!
looks festive at your house! happy holidays!!
Post a Comment