Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Little Christmas

I am very close to having my baby, so our Traditional New Year's Eve Trip to St. George was nixed. We walk on the wild side though. And even though Christmas is ONLY one week earlier, we took a risk and ventured Southward with visions of Sugar Plums and hopes that the boy would stay put. He is so obedient!!
We arrived at 5:15 and were at The Olive Garden by 6:30. Unfortunately, I can't eat anything on the menu or I will burst into flames. Luckily for me I had Kori with me. She doesn't eat anything spicy/or flavorable, so she and I had salad with no dressing, plain breadsticks and minestrone soup. Three weeks.... three weeks.



Waiting patiently for my macaroni and cheese.

After dinner, we put on our sweats and had a "friendly" gingerbread house building contest. Kami got all competitive and started ripping on our house because it was so cute. She called us names and questioned our methods and laughed out loud when one of our walls may have casually leaned inward a little. I don't need to say publicly that all four walls of our house had paint on them and were decorated completely do I? We didn't have an "Unfinished Polygamist House" like they did, which is essentially, a half assed effort to attempt to avoid paying properity taxes.

Just try and keep your attention focused on the cute house and NOT my HUGE gut in the background. I dare you!!!

Here is where I narrowly escaped death choking on a piece of licorice. I was gasping for air and turning purple and no one cared or even noticed. Raleigh just kept decorating, as if all was well RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.... but in reality, I was dying and so was our small, unborn child. Can you even give someone the Heimlich when they are that fat?? Probably not. After I gained my composure again and took some good breaths, I started laughing hysterically and then I wet my pants. My holy hell........ I am so hot!!

Go ahead, judge for yourself. But are you kidding me? A red roof and door and flower boxes under the windows? It does not get any cuter than that.

Next activity: opening Christmas Eve presents from Papa and Nana and of course PJs




Christmas Morning

At first, Peyton was overwhelmed with Christmas. Mostly at the thought of Santa. I don't think she could quite wrap her head around the fact that he came into Papa's house and left her all these presents while she was sleeping. It took her about 5 minutes to even walk near her bike and FORGET wearing that helmet. We had to put her baby in the seat and put the helmet on HER head first. But pretty soon, she was brave enough to let Raleigh put her on the bike and she even let him push her a little.

Then she stole ALL of Kaleigh's toys and played with them while the poor girl was still sleeping. Poor Little Sis. She didn't have one thing from Mom and Dad to open by the time she woke up.

But she got all caught up on her beauty rest. We tickled her, we said her name really loudly, we made loud noises. Nothing was going to wake her up.

But when she finally did, SHE wasn't at all afraid of the helmet or the bike and she shared her toys willingly... because really what choice did she have?

What a sweet little girl she is. She just does whatever we tell her to. And with a smile

Then we ate our traditional Christmas Morning Breakfast... crepes. They were soooooo yummy

Kaleigh loves when Dada sprays whip cream in her mouth

So Yummy.... So Yummy.... There's a party in my Tummy
What is cuter than two girls in a tub?

Then we got all pretty for Church.



I'm 30 pounds over weight and Raleigh says he looks stupid in this picture but I thought it was really funny that our girls have nearly the same face. So I posted it... Sorry Lover, at least you weigh the same as you did the day I met you... at least your face doesn't look like a big round ball.... at least your eyes aren't swolen shut.


It was a very quick trip... but I am so glad that we were able to go and that my baby wasn't born in Beaver. We haven't been with my family for Christmas since 2007, I felt so happy while we were there and I will never forget Christmas 2011. It was so much fun.

5 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Merry Christmas late! First off I just want to say that you look amazing and you are WAY to hard on yourself. I seriously would never know you were pregnant in the pictures of you sitting down, much less pregnant with your 7th child for heaven sakes! Girl you are one amazing lady!

It looks like you all had a very fun Christmas. I love all of your gingerbread houses. I really wish that I could have been there to witness these houses being built. Looks way fun to me! Your little girls are just dolls. In that last picture I swear they look like twins. I am anxious to see what a little boy Kaci/Raleigh looks like! Have a Happy New Year! Can't wait to here all about boy Lund being born:)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Ok Ok I admit I was quite envious of the effort made to produce the most spectacular gingerbread house ever made in the Little household. I also admit that I hate those damn things...the frosting is thick as poo and already to dry to use...the hot glue helped but seriously I have never felt more uncoordinated, untalented and hopeless as I do when I am trying disparately to construct a dad gum house of cookies??? GRRRR. It is such a blow to my self esteem!
We are so glad you came for Christmas...it was so fun to be all together. I am also glad that baby boy held on...until today of course. Good luck today...we will all be thinking of you. Can't wait to see his little sweet face...unless he comes out a SHE??
Love you!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I am still laughing out loud... (I am at work and people are looking at me like I've lost my mind) Dang you are so funny. I was clueless to any competition going on over the gingerbread houses. I swear, had I known we were having a competition I would have stepped it up a little on my creativity.
It was good to see you all. Wish the older kids could have been there as well. But the little girlies are so darling and were so much fun to be around.

Jen said...

Oh my goodness Kaci, once again you have me laughing hysterically out loud -- my husband walked over to the computer to see what all the fuss was about. So glad you didn't die from the licorice! Soooo, I keep saying, "I've got to get in touch with Kaci..." It was one of my first thoughts after I finished finals, and then I thought about what was probably your insane work schedule for the holidays...and now you've got another little baby coming! :o) But I'm determined...just rediscovered your phone number tonight, so I'll be in touch soon!

val said...

my mom told me your new little ones was here and i've been meaning to get on your blog...i'm so happy he is doing well and hope he will be able to come home to a healthy home soon! what a sweet little guy. and cute name.
and oh my gosh kaci! you are hilarious. i laughed out loud so many times reading your last few posts.
the gingerbread house making. and you coughing and dying. and your parents tires screaching out of your driveway..raleigh standing for 45 minutes watching the game. all these tidbits are making me laugh again.
sending love your way! and a big congratulations!!