Thursday, December 1, 2011

You gotta do it sometime...


For crying out loud... those kids were not going to let it go... with the wanting to decorate for Christmas idea they got in their heads.

Kaleigh is a dare devil to say the least. She climbs on everything. But this ladder was the greatest thing in the whole world.
The second one of us would take her off of it, she was right back on. And she would go to the very top and sit on the top, like she was big and nothing was going to happen to her.
She only weighs 15 pounds... she is TINY. But, that's not going to stop her from doing anything.
I made Raleigh decorate the top. Because I weigh significantly more than 15 pounds but I am terrified of the top of the ladder. He was kind to adjust and readjust and readjust the sticks and bows
This is him saying... "Love, this is the best I can do... it won't look any better than this"
Yep... All night long
I did all the decorating that I could on the safety of the ground
And here is sort of the final product.
See all those stockings.... Here is a funny story.

So, we found out that we were having Peyton on December 21st 2008.
And I promptly went in search of SEVEN stockings

One for Dad, one for Mom and 5 for the little children.

Who would have ever thought Mom and Dad would have to give up their stockings for
the other two that would join us in the two consecutive years???

Certainly not me... but that's how it is in our family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your tree looks soooo fabulous, just like every year. Thanks to Raleigh for doing all the up-high stuff, YOU do NOT belong on any ladder. KK really is so brave and unafraid and she can really hold her own in your big family...maybe she'll be an Olympic gymnast!

Karen Carter said...

PERFECT tree!! Love it and you look soooo cute and little! You need to get on maternity leave for goodness sakes and enjoy the season. You do so much and it makes me tired :)
Glad you are not going to be private any more, so many of my friends ask how is the funny blogging lady and yes they mean YOU !!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

It all looks PERFECT!!! It will definately bring the spirit od Christmas into your home....that what I kept telling myself lastnight as I sat on the floor in the dark looking at my newly decorated tree all lit up..."Please work, Please work". I am all Christmas-ed out already!!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Your decorations look darling. I am afraid that is what we will be doing all weekend. So not looking forward to that! Maybe I could hire Raleigh to come down and help with my tree. I am not sure Russ would be that patient with me :)
Kaleigh is getting so big. I can't wait to see her over the holiday.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your tree and Christmas decor look amazing. I love it! I wish my tree was up. I wish I had a cute family picture. I wish all my Christmas gifts were wrapped. I wish all my Christmas gifts were bought:) I wish I was more excited for Christmas. I must work on it!

P.S. You are the cutest 8 mon. pregnant lady I've ever seen!