I said to Raleigh at our Black Bear Diner Breakfast-Dinner last night.... "Are you starting to realize how exciting real life can be?" Until Raleigh met me, he hadn't experienced real life. We were discussing an upcoming purchase and I said that I would rather hold off and build up our savings and I was droning on and on.... all gloom and doom like.... saying
"I want to build up at least three months savings because you never know, with me, what will happen."
He was like "what do you mean?"
He says this because he has rose colored contact lenses and they are disposable and so he hardly has to take them out.
I said "you just never know... here I was... one day employed and the next day... unemployed."
And he says "And then...... the next day.... you were employed again with more money????????? What is the problem? I don't see the problem?"
He just doesn't get it.
Anywho.... speaking of my new job, I officially started on Thursday. My awesome trainer left and started her new job and so now I am on my own. And I miss her. How is it that you know someone for one week and form a delightful little friendship and feel like you've known each other for years and then she just goes away? Things seem to be going well. However will I really know for sure, until two months from now, when it is discovered that I forgot to do this..... or that? Or made some monumental mistake that will cost the company millions of dollars? There is literally no one there to monitor me or watch over me or supervise me. It's me. Alone. Not that I thrive in a micromanaged setting, but a little guidance would sure be nice. I am a lone wolf. Wingin' it. Hmmmmmm.
It is quite a comical place to work. I work with all men (which is a coworker DREAM) but the atmosphere is quirky and borders on dysfunction, which let's be honest is really right up my alley. I am certain I will have many a tale to tell. In fact, I actually see a new reality A&E series in the making. It would be a really funny show.
I was talking to my mom last night and she ever so delicately pointed out to me that it wouldn't matter if these men dragged me down the stairs by my hair every day, it would be better than working with the chick I used to work with. What a hot mess she was. I will miss her like a toothache.
Speaking of toothaches.... after an unimaginable 21 days of dentia horror... I am relieved to report that I can once again drive over potholes without screaming out in pain and I am inching ever so slightly toward being able to eat solid foods again. I don't think I will ever be able to go to the dentist again, which is unfortunate. I have irresponsibly decided that I will be 42 in a couple of months and I am solidly married which makes me a prime candidate for dentures. I will continue brushing and flossing as I always have, but I will have to accept my teeth giving up on me one by one until the inevitable occurs. It's okay... Raleigh has to get both knees replaced in the next 5 to 10 years and he has arthritis in his hip so we will be a cute little broken down couple, simply a little earlier than most people. Plus, me with no teeth will only improve the above mentioned reality show I am vying to be the star of. Whatever.
We are putting the finishing touches on our home improvement projects. I am the luckiest wife alive to have a husband who is so willing to drop everything to help me cut a piece of wood and even more than that... to jump up on the ladder and put everything up on the shelf for me because I am too terrified to. And even more than that... to position and reposition things not only once but 10 times while I stand safely on the floor with my arms crossed and my head cocked to the side, changing my mind over and over. I really love him. I don't know if I've ever said that before...
We have a lot to do but I think I will like it when it is finally complete.
A few of us were cool enough to attend Family Home Evening this week. We jumped the Easter gun a little bit and bought a Rice Krispie Treat Easter Bunny Kit. I had low expectations. How could Rice Krispies taste like real Rice Krispies from a kit?? Well, I was pleasantly surprised. And before we knew it, we had a bit of a bunny competition going on with Dad creating a "dad bunny" and Mom creating a "mom bunny." And I must say, we outdid ourselves. And got the season off to a hippidy hoppidy start.
Notice the dad bunny has a nice pair of light blue Nikes, which helps him hop higher.
I am overjoyed that we had some 70 degree weather and that we are starting to be able to venture out to the backyard again. The girls ran around all weekend and are a little sunburned. They are pasty white children, so the color looks good on them.
It was a pretty good week. Looking forward to another boring one. Please???
5 comments:
Funny, Funny, Cute, Cute...as usual. What a great week! When it comes to your family...oh how I love boring!
I decided a long time ago that boring was totally okay with me.
Once again you wrote a cute post. I always love reading your blog.
Take it from Gary Gnew...No G-news is good G-news! :)
Super cute bunnies. You two ALWAYS outdo yourselves when it comes to decorating treats. So much more fun than gingerbread collapsible houses.
I am glad you were drama free this week! I am glad that your new job is working out. Men are so much better to work with than women, for the most part. Less drama! Cute bunnies. You guys are way ahead of the game. Geez- we are still working on celebrating Valentine's day! Hope you have another great week!
Loved the description of the office! Made me laugh. And I agree it's weird how we barely knew each other, but we hit it of so well! I hope you are doing okay and please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. I do have a lunch break, and on that break I can call you. :)
Post a Comment