Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Highlights...

We had a fun conference weekend.
The kids and I watched the first session and then we cleaned the house from top to bottom.
Raleigh worked half day and then went golfing with Papa and Uncle Jamie and Tom.  
They had a great time. 
Kaleigh asked to wear a "beuffo dress" and a "neckess"
 Peyton got a hold of the camera and took a few pictures of me
 She said "mom, get down low, the camera is too heavy for my little hands to lift up high."
I was happy to oblige
Then she helped me frost the cake for our traditional 
"after Priesthood Session dessert-a-rama" 
 The men couldn't wait to take off their ties and watch some Final Four Basketball

 And then Peyton got a hold of the camera again
 She'll probably be a famous photographer someday 

Then today we lounged around and watched both sessions of conference and had a delicious barbecue and topped our spiritual weekend with Brayden and Quincey receiving their Patriarchal Blessings.
And I bawled and bawled all the way through at what great kids I have.  

Being a part of this special experience is one of those Parental Highlights where you get to say...  all the long days, and the longer nights and the hard work and the blood, sweat and tears were worth it.  And where you realize that your children are just on loan to you because they are really God's children and He knows them intimately and just may care about them more than you do, if you can believe it.  And you are forced to remember that you made a promise to Him that you would take care of them for Him while they are here on earth and that you will return them in good condition.  

And you know that you've made a ton of mistakes along the way.  And some days you thought you wouldn't survive, but somehow you did and you started over the next day with new resolve.  

I might have had the luxury of thinking that those hard days were behind me,  if I hadn't willingly agreed to start over and do this again for the second time.  However, on days like today, I am buoyed up by the hope that one day I will hear Heavenly words about these three little kids too that will cause me to sob with happiness and help me to know that...  I am blessed beyond belief to get the privilege of being a mother. 


3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a wonderful post! Thank goodness that we have those special moments that we realize that all the hard work, worry, and tears aren't for nothing otherwise, I may have hung up the towel. I'm completely shocked that my kids are actually pretty awesome kids and that I haven't scared them and ruined them for life. Well at least not yet!:)
Your wonderful mother and you have some terrific kids!

Anonymous said...

Cute post, cute pictures, fun weekend. Conference was pretty amazing...Elder Holland!! What a guy! All the women in our ward either dated him or are related to him...wish I could be one of them!!

Brayden and Quincey were so fun last night. They are lovely children. It's a privilege to be their grandmother too. I wish you a happy week!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

It was a good weekend...fun to hang out with you and mom for a bit.
So excited about Bray and Quin. What a wonderful experience.
We are so blessed...funny how sometimes we forget that. :)