Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Surgery

Poor little Ryker had to have surgery this week to repair some damage to his mouth from a long time ago.  He didn't know what was going on because we just kept telling him he was going to the dentist. He loves going to the dentist.  He walked in to the surgical center like he didn't have a care in the world.  He was all brave and cute with the nurses.  It broke my heart because I knew he was going to flip his lid when he woke up and discovered that FOUR of his teeth were missing.



 But he came through it like a champ.  We were stressing because the nurse said that most kids wake up from anesthesia and are agitated and cranky.  And he is a cranky kid anyway and so I was ready for a super crappy day.  But he woke up very slowly and he was so sweet.  


 He only wanted Raleigh.  And he wouldn't let him leave his side.  He held on to his face and kept saying "I wuv you, Dad.  Don't weave me."  It was the cutest thing I have ever seen.  
 Here he is 4 hours later digging into some Chick fil-A
 And a Cookies and Cream Milkshake. 
He is toothless, which is so appropriate for him.  It totally goes along with his personality.  He looks really cute or at least he will when he is all healed up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy THAT is over!! I wonder if Brother even realizes his teeth are gone???? This kid is going to sail through life.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

such sweet pictures of him! I can't wait to see our toothless wonder!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What sweet pictures! He's one cute little trooper!

Unknown said...

i'm fairly certain my eyes have never seen a sweeter photo than the two of them laying by each other with his hand on his dads face. i'm seriously melted over here.