Celebratory Ice Cream after completing her first week.
Every year, my boss invites the staff up to his Cabin at Kolob. We hitched up the trailer and put the Rhino on it and headed up. I hadn't ever been there before and I got some pretty lousy directions. And yet for some reason, I felt confident that we'd be able to find the place. We were lost before we even got to LaVerkin and I had to call my friend Melinda Nicole Blake III for some directions. About 1/2 way up the mountain, we came to one of those automated traffic lights that construction workers set up because up ahead there is only one lane of traffic and you MUST sit there at the red light until the traffic coming from the other way passes you and the light turns to green. Well..... we had been sitting at the light for like 20 minutes and Raleigh got fed up and just started going. I immediately started yelling at him... "don't go. you are supposed to wait. we are going to die now. you are going to get us killed. " I was a wreck. I literally was having an anxiety attack and seriously considered bailing out and walking home, I was so mad.
I said... "what are you going to do when we get stopped?" And he goes "psssshhhh, I will tell them the light turned green. But, no one is coming. We haven't passed a car for miles."
Next thing you know we round a corner and HERE COMES A LINE OF CARS!!!
Raleigh pulls over to the side and the first car pulls up and rolls down his window and says
"Um, hey man there's a light down there for a reason."
And Raleigh goes "oh, you mean the light that turned green?"
And they guy goes "Oh, dude, I am sorry man. My bad."
And Raleigh goes "No problem."
They passed by us.... and I started punching him and tears came into my eyes and I starting having a hot flash and thought I was going to pass out. And he just laughed like it was so funny. Only it was so NOT FUNNY. And I was in the worst mood. It only made things worse when we couldn't find the cabin or the road leading up to the cabin or the town leading up to the road leading up to the cabin. And of course, there's no service and so we couldn't call and get better directions. And so I did what any normal woman would do and I threw my sunglasses on the floor forcefully and started crying in frustration, mostly because I never wanted to go on that horrible road with that stupid traffic light ever again in my life. And we were going to have to just turn around and head home.... on the stupid road.... with the stupid light.
And then all of the sudden, we passed some of my pals on the road and they led us down this road that we never would have ever found if we had two maps and a compass and a GPS.
But, once we got there and I calmed down, it started to be fun. And we did all kinds of fabulous things.
We were so, I mean SO dirty after this ride. Our faces were black except where out glasses covered our faces. I had dirt in my teeth and my hair that was up in a wet bun was muddy... That's nasty. I had thrown my back out in the morning a little bit and then I went on a two hour Rhino ride because I am smart and make good decisions like that all the time and I was a mess on Sunday Morning. It took a week and seven of Raleigh's magical massages to get back to normal
Later that week, Raleigh got a great idea to go to Chuck A Rama for dinner. He sometimes gets wild ideas and we just have to do the thing because he is so excited about it. It was a lovely dinner, but here is what our teen agers looked like in between buffet trips. There was no meaningful conversation. No bonding. Mostly, due to total embarrassment that we were:
1. At Chuck A Rama.
2. Filling up an entire corner booth with family members.
3. Making a combined total of 73 trips for seconds, thirds and fourths and maybe fifths.
4. At a restaurant... in public.... with parents and baby siblings.
5. At Chuck A Rama.
And finally.... I reluctantly report this because I am so embarrassed... but Quincey made it into the St. George news with her fabulous crash on Sunset Blvd last week in the Lexis. She crashed a Maxima and got an Infinity. She crashed an Infinity and got a Lexis. She crashed a Lexis and will probably get a Lamborghini. It was a cute car while it lasted. This kinda makes Brayden's Wedding Day side swipe hardly noticable at all huh? She cried for 20 minutes over that.
The good news is.... she doesn't even need me to come to the crash sites anymore. She knows exactly what to do and who to call and what to say. She spent the night in the hospital with possible concussion signs and bruised ribs.








No comments:
Post a Comment