Sunday, November 8, 2015

October 2015

October started off with Morgan and her big plans to take a massive
workload both semesters of her junior year so that she could graduate a year early.
She has a scholarship to the University of Utah and she's all fired up to use it.... and I really like the idea of FREE COLLEGE.
At first, it sounded like a great plan because she really doesn't belong in high school.
And I was totally on board...
Until she started really doing it.
And started working on her online classes and registering for English 1010 at Dixie State
and going up to Salt Lake and meeting with the Ambassadors and choosing a place to live and she knows the amount that she has to pay and what she'll need to do to earn a spot in the MUSS.
And I started thinking about everything (while we were sitting in line at a drive thru) and of her living up there all by herself and getting a little job and driving her little Beemer incorrectly in the snow in Salt Lake City and I started breathing fast and my heart was racing and tears streamed down my cheeks.  
She's only going to be 17.
That's too young
And I'm not ready.

And I wanted her to go to BYU
Sigh...

My friend, Justin has a really fabulous house and he entertains like no one I've ever known.
This night he hosted a Bingo Night with prizes for the winners
And Raleigh played some slots while we were waiting for everything to get set up



And our cards SUCKED.  We didn't win anything.  That's not weird for me, but for LUCKY Raleigh not to win is very bizarre and I was disappointed

On Papa's birthday, we gathered together to paint pumpkins
 And the newlyweds came



Everyone will be so happy to know that we 
finally replaced the big red couch that we have had for 8 beautiful years. 
It sure was a good couch.  It was the first purchase Raleigh and I made together.
It has weathered so many storms of the bodily kind and the beverage kind as well and was there for so many parties and events.
But, it was time to admit that it had seen better days.
We are LOVING our leather couches and the way they smell and feel.
And LOOK!!
And the fluids just wipe off, friends...  What a delightful toddler raising concept

Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday year after year
But, for some reason this year was bearable.
I don't know why.  I am no more on the ball this year than years past.
But, I didn't even cry once.  
I took Friday off so that I would not be stressed out getting everyone ready
maybe that was the difference.  
Maybe it's because here on year 20, I finally got myself together and figured things out.
But whatever it was it was nice.  And calm.  And as much as I could, I enjoyed it.

Ryker was a boxer and the knucklehead cried every time we tried to draw a black eye on him.
He's not tough...  he's the baby and he is a baby
"Baby Walt" we call him
"Baby Walt needs a binki and a ba-ba"
And then he'll wipe his eyes and punch us with his southpaw
Peyton was a Red Crayon because she said that she was representing the Kindergarten Supplies
Kaleigh's hat was not only too big, but I hot glued accessories onto it making it unstable and uncomfortable and she was sad that we couldn't see her lovely face
She didn't care what she was as long as she could wear beautiful make-up
and red lipstick.  She loves being pretty.  And she sure was.
We went to Peyton's school parade
And then moved onto Dad's work for Trick or Treating
And then we went over to Mom and Dad's house as we do every year and got caught up in that madness.   Literally, car load after car load stop and drop off dozens of children from neighborhoods undoubtedly on the west side of the city.  We don't see one child that we know the whole night.  And who am I to judge, I don't live in the neighborhood either, but I am directly related to someone who does and so somehow I feel like I'm all entitled.  ~I'm ashamed. ~ 
Brayden and Crysti took the kids around the neighborhood and the adults sat in lawn chairs in the front yard and handed out no less than 5000 pieces of candy.
And then on Sunday after church in the space of 1 hour...  Walt fell off the kitchen counter and got a concussion and threw up all over the upstairs carpet and then an hour later, Kaleigh ran full blast into his head that is gigantic and HARD and got a black eye.  
And we questioned our parental capabilities for a minute
 And she thought she looked beautiful because it looked like she was wearing eyeshadow

And that wrapped up our month

2 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Looks like a good month with a few bumps and bruises along the way. The kids were darling for Halloween...and I'm glad it was a little less stressful. I'm so so glad I don't have to deal with costumes anymore. I love these teenage years. Glad October came and went...here's to a happy thankful November.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love reading all about your family! It looks like it was a fun filled month. I feel your pain with girl getting ready to leave. Just reading it made me think of my Brilynn and I got all teary eyed. Your little ones looked darling on Halloween. Poor things that they had some hard bumps but thank goodness one looked like pretty eye shadow ;) I hope you guys are having a great November. I can't wait to read all about it!

Love,
JoLynn