June is always a crazy month for our family.
We have so many things to celebrate.
I am almost as broke in June as I am in December when all is said and done.
In an effort to express my deepest gratitude, I must begin by reporting on my new job.
I don't even know how to put into words my feelings.
I will say it like this...
1. I haven't complained/burst into tears on a Monday morning since I started.
2. An 8 hour day feels like a 2 hour day.
3. I practically walk in the door every night singing, I am so happy.
It was a Thursday morning at 10:00 and I was at one of our brand new homes meeting with one of our brand new owners making sure everything was good to go. He invited us to sit down on his ultra comfortable "Love Sac" couch and watch a movie on his 70" 4K Smart TV. We couldn't be rude, so we did. Essentially, I was getting paid to sit in a brand new, beautiful home, watching a movie, eating mint chocolate cookies from Trader Joe's. And all I could think was "what would I be doing right now if I was still at my old job." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I am so blessed.
Ryker finished his T-ball season and not a moment too soon.
It was BLAZING hot during his last game. I was in the shade watching and I was nearly dying...
I can't imagine how Raleigh, my Dad and the players felt.
It was so fun though.
They got cute little trophies.
Every night in the Summer, we get treats and sit in the backyard after the sun has gone down.
I love this. It is so fun.
When Morgan gets off work, she rushes home and changes into her bathing suit and takes all the kids to my work to swim. Our pools are so amazing. And during the week, they practically have the entire pool to themselves.
Allie and Morgan
Peyton on the slide
Kaleigh
Quincey graduated from hair school.
She was so excited.
We went to her graduation and then we took her to lunch for Crepes.
I am so proud of her because she put in 1600 hours.
That is a huge accomplishment.
She will be so good.
After lunch, Dad took us to his work so the kids
could see where he sits. His office almost has more games than it does desks
We had to celebrate Raleigh's birthday a day early for
reasons I will explain later. I baked a super lame cake and put a few candles
on it. Then he opened up a couple of equally lame gifts.
I felt horrible.
Eight months ago, our ward announced the week long, Scout 50 Mile Hike coming up on
June 26, 2017.
I told Raleigh that he had two choices:
A. Get himself released from his Church calling
B. Move out of the ward by June
Well, he didn't do A or B.
INSTEAD he began purchasing hundreds of dollars of camping equipment like he was excited to go on this ridiculously stupid adventure or something.
Slowly, week by week, he added to his collection and items started arriving one by one to the house.
Dumb things like a pup tent, a water purifier, an overly large backpack, sleeping bag, freeze dried food and every time something arrived, I got more and more resentful. I was starting to get the impression that he had NO intention of NOT going at all.... he in fact, seemed excited about it.
It was like a stab in the back.
How could he do this to me? I thought we were a team.
I outwardly tried to seem supportive.
Inwardly, I was so, so sad.
A week is a very long time.
What a silly little tent
This is how our bed looked every night for a month.
And then he LEFT.
FOR A WEEK
On his birthday none the less.
I tried to make his birthday as enjoyable as I could from 4 hours a way.
I sent him a text every hour. Which he never got, because he was in East Backwoods Nowhere
with no service of course. Good thing I didn't have an emergency or something.... he wouldn't have known a thing about it. I also coordinated with the other Brethern to help me sneak some birthday treats up. I sent cookies, that I am sure were melty and birthday hats and kazoos.
Honestly, I am sure he was cursing my name while he was sitting here on this log in the middle of the forest on his birthday, while nerdy teenage boys kazooed Happy Birthday to him, but I don't even care.
Meanwhile, those of us, left behind did our best to enjoy the summer days
Allie and Morgan took a quick trip to Island Park
Allie wakeboarding
Morgan wakeboarding
And poor Quincey got her wisdom teeth out and had chipmunk cheeks all week.
Vince took really good care of her, but he was really worried about her being alone
while he was at work, so he dropped her off at our house every morning and she hung out with us.
It was really fun.
She even cut Ryker's hair in her puffy condition
We celebrated Allie's birthday too.
We went to Yogurtland. Morgan took her to get a pedicure
and I think she had a decent day.
She sure is pretty
A sunset bike ride with cousins
This is a picture of ME that Kaleigh drew.
She is a very good artist. I LOVE this picture.
Back to the STUPID hike...
They survived.
No one got hurt or sick or bit by anything.
And now that he is home and WE had such a fun week, I can honestly say
that I am happy and proud of him for going.
I am proud of him for being so diligent with his service in his calling.
He is a good leader and the boys dig him.
My whole life, I wanted a husband who had his own testimony and who
faithfully served.... and I finally got one.
I need to remember that... when he is excited to do his duties and support him...
Instead of feeling sorry for myself because I am going to miss him while he is gone.
A sexy HIKE BEARD.
We had another wonderful month.
We celebrated our 9th Anniversary in June. I have been with Raleigh for a decade now. And I can honestly say I love him more and more each year. I am so thrilled to be married to him and to get to go through this life with him. He has taught me so much about love and patience and not sweating the unimportant things.
We truly are blessed and lucky.
I love my family
AND... I LOVE SUMMER.












1 comment:
June has turned out to be an exhausting month (not to mention expensive). Thank heaven we don't have any birthdays or big events in July!! It was fun looking back on your family activities during the month. There is always excitement at your house. I'm especially excited and happy for Quincey but sad about her puffy cheeks and pain. I hope she's doing better by now. I am also very happy about your new job and a more positive environment for you. It has made a huge difference....I can tell!! I hope July will be a great month for all of us...if we can survive the HEAT!!! Why did we think it was a good idea to live in the desert???
Post a Comment