She had been diagnosed by the instacare doctor with strep throat. He made his diagnosis by smelling her breath. Which seemed a little odd. He put her on an antibiotic. Didn't run a single test. She had some vibrant breath, so naturally she had strep throat. Two doses of amoxicillin and the next day, the rash came out. And out. And out more. And OUT MORE.
Finally after 3 nervous visits to instacare, with results I wasn't happy with, I made an appointment with her pediatrician. He looked at her throat and her rash and said.... "Instacare misdiagnosed you, you actually have mono. And anytime you add antibiotics to mono, this rash happens. Go have a blood test to make sure. Stop taking the medication immediately and you will see the rash go away."
She did and it did.
But, it was a wild ride. This is what she ended up looking like. This and some nasty breath... whatta combination. No one, but me, would go anywhere near her... Poor Girl. She missed over a week of school. She missed several days of work. They even made her get a doctor's note and insisted that she come in and work one day. How Stupid. Who would want someone who looked like this handing them their food? NO ONE. I was so mad. I wanted to go down there and tear into her manager. But, instead she went in and lifted up her shirt. And her boss said "OH MY GO HOME!!!" Really? Good call, Linda. You moron.
Lesson Learned: Don't go to instacare.... three times.... for the same thing.
But mostly, don't go to instacare.
A few good men attended the Priesthood session of conference and then our
celebratory dessert night afterward.
Missing were sick, Brent and several missionaries.
Parent Lunch Day is one of my favorite traditions. I don't know why.
The parents show up a 11:45 with lunch from various restaurants and stand in the cafeteria.
Then they bring the kids in a grade at a time.
And the parents are supposed to find their child in the chaos and go outside and eat.
Only, the last two years it was raining and so instead of going outside, you now must find a spot in a classroom or in the halls. And this is for some reason fun.
We found our three homeless children by some miracle and by the time we found them and found a place to eat our fries were cold and soggy, but we had a great time.
April was straight crazy at work.
Our cleaning crews were SO overworked.
In order to keep the processes moving along at the correct pace, Sam and I volunteered to help with laundry and we took 100 garbage bags to the laundromat and spent I don't even know how much money getting all of the sheets and towels washed. We were miserable. She more so than me because it was HER BIRTHDAY.
We brought all kinds of junk food to help us feel happy, but it didn't help us. We were just miserable and dirty and disgusted.
Our little Rhino went to live with another family. I didn't mind a bit selling it... I think I have only been in it twice and neither time was a clean experience. But, the rest of the family will miss it dearly. However, the return on investment was pretty awesome. Adds tremendously to our down payment. And took some stress away... from me. That boy I married doesn't stress about anything.
Not even the stuff he is supposed to stress about. It's so annoying.
Easter came along super late this year.
We almost felt like we had missed it.
It was a beautiful day though.
Allie spoke in Sacrament Meeting and gave a wonderful, confident talk.
We came home and ate crepes for Brunch
and watched Christopher Robin, which was darling and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Especially Piglet. He was my favorite.
I felt so uplifted afterward.
The Big Cousins
Papa and Nana give them spring outfits every year.
Our little tomboy was chosen to be recognized for her hard work
with the Seventh Habit. She is easy going and gets along with others and tries
to include every one in whatever sport she is playing
Here are our trenches with rebar in them.
Here are the trenches with cement in them
We, and by we, I really mean Raleigh has so many projects to do.
I think that there are 30 things on my list.
And maybe 45 if you count even the itty bitty projects.
Since we only had 13 weeks until move in, he had me prioritize the big ones
and he promised to do 13 projects in 13 weeks
He built the shutters
He painted two tables
and 3 chairs.
Quite frankly, those are easy ones.
The hard ones are still on the list, like he's putting them off.
Like he's a little bit scared.
Then they poured our foundation and it was thick and hearty
And they dropped off huge piles of wood and also a gigantic forklift
and a bobcat
And two days later, we had the first floor nearly complete
Pretty dang exciting
Is all can say about all of this.
Blahhhhhhhhh. So. Exciting.
And May will be SO fun
I just know it






No comments:
Post a Comment