June started off with a visit from Uncle Craig and Aunt Tiffanie. They were in town for a couple of days and took us to dinner and asked us to show them the house. We sat in Viva Chicken for so long talking that the restaurant started closing and we had to talk for another hour in the parking lot. They gave us really good advice and made us feel like we were doing alright. It was good to talk to them. We felt so loved and supported. It was nice.
13 projects in 13 weeks continued. We stood in Home Depot on the wood isle looking at our options. I knew what I wanted and I knew the measurements of the space. And I was bouncing ideas off of Raleigh, who was saying... "no that won't work. That probably won't work either, love."
Finally, after a few more suggestions, we bought the necessary supplies. And then got to work.
This week we made the "nook under the stairs" table. It is the cutest. I simply love it.
We ran out of wood and had to add the long support pieces later.
Which made it look 100% better.
The next week we made the genealogy wall bench and the bench for the front porch. Also, Raleigh did a lot of shopping on his lunch breaks and found some amazing deals. I have a spiral notebook where I keep daily notes. We refer to it often. He'll call me and say things like "TJMaxx has a compass for the wall by the front door, should I pick it up?" Where did I find him?
Meanwhile the house was painted and it looked really good.
We were very happy with the results
And the doors are are SOOOOO darling
And real life rolled on....
Raleigh has been the priest quorum advisor in our ward for seven years.
Through 3 bishops. And every year, he has to go on a High Adventure camping trip.
This year they refused to release him until the High Adventure was over. And he didn't protest because for some reason he likes camping and being dirty for 5 days and eating gross food.
I predict that he will be called to that same position in our new ward the second our records are transferred over.
I really missed him. But, I worked hard while he was gone and started packing.
I took down all of the decorations and winter clothes and coats. I made dozens of DI bags and thought about starting to clean a little bit, but that seemed too overwhelming.
We worked on Come Follow Me
Papa and Nana took the kids to see Toy Story 4
Raleigh shaved Walt's head
Allie went to the temple at 5:00 in the morning
Baseball continued and it was BL-AZING hot
And the painting continued.......
We glossed out the chalk paint on the piano and prepped it to be re-painted for the third time
Ughhhhhhh.....
We celebrated Father's Day and Nana's Birthday the same day
with outdoor games and yummy treats and presents
And our niece had a birthday party at the city pool
We also went to our new ward, so that the kids could meet some of the kids in the neighborhood.
Our new ward is about to be split, which is a good thing... currently we have 250 kids in our primary and it was SO loud in Sacrament Meeting, we couldn't even hear the speakers. But the ward seems pretty amazing. It's very exciting.
The next week minus two teenagers who went up north
We stopped by the house and the kitchen was partially installed and I almost started crying. It is so cute.
And the flooring was installed
And the shower was tiled
And mantles were built
And the best smelling carpet in the whole world was laid
And finally, Allie celebrated her birthday by buying a new car.
It is so cute and totally looks like her.
And here we are to the end of the month.
And we close on this house in 8 days and I am FREAKING out.
When I get this stressed, I cry a lot. So I have been doing that.
And I have been praying a ton and asking to feel at peace with all of this.
It is so scary to me and I am stressing more that I probably need to.
Raleigh, as usual, is an iceberg. And he tries to re-assure me and keep me positive.
I will just be so glad when this part is over.
Wish us luck
Down Payments and qualifying for loans suck
















No comments:
Post a Comment