Wednesday, November 6, 2019

October 2019

Our month of October started off in the very best way possible.  
General Conference.
I am the happiest person alive during conference weekend.
We watched the first session.
I had a work catastrophe during the second session, so we taped it and watched it later.
It was wonderful....  simply wonderful.

This October,  our family was disoriented because we didn't get to go to the Marathon like we have done for the past decade.  It felt so weird and not normal.  
We are happy for Kami and her new adventure, but we are sad for us.


 I just LOVE this room

This is a little miracle. 
I look at it as a gift.
This little tree just sprouted up one day.  
At first we thought it was a weed. 
But, its a tree and a good tree too.
And we don't know from where, but it has a water source and it continues to grow
on our hill right where we needed a tree to be. 
Who can say no to a free tree?
In the perfect little spot. 
I love it. 
Every time I look at it,  I think,  my Heavenly Father loves me

 Raleigh took Fall Break off with the kids and rented a little do-hicky
to chisel out our hill in the back yard and get it ready for a retaining wall. 
He drove it like a champ.
And made some HUGE changes to the back yard.


Peyton has been telling us for 18 months that she can't see far away.
We thought she was just tricking us so she could get glasses,  so we didn't believe her.
She also passed her little school sponsored eye exam, so we really didn't believe her.

But she persisted. 
To the point of a serious conversation with tears...
"I need you to help me see better..."

So, we took her in to the eye doctor

 Turns out...
SHE REALLY CAN'T SEE!!
And...  just so everyone knows....
The school eye exams are crap
(according to the eye doc)

She is so happy now.  
And she looks so smart too.

KK had to do a book report and decorate a pumpkin like the main character.
Wanna Guess....
Charlotte's Web.
Our dad is SO creative and smart.  
Her pumpkin was DARLING!!!

 Oh Halloween....
I hate you with all of my heart and soul.
I always have.
I always will.
What a worthless day.

I HATE buying things my kids only wear once.
I HATE THAT!!
I hate trick or treaters.
I hate when moms dress up like HOOCHIES.
I hate when parents dress up in general.


 We had a little fall festival with the ward.
It was on a Friday night.  
It was really cold and the food was typical ward fall festival food.
 Raleigh threw bean bags really high up in the air to the deacons
for over TWO hours.  They were having so much fun diving and running 
after them, he didn't have the heart to stop.  I could have watched him do this all night.
He is so athletic and he says funny things to them.
They love him as their leader.



Majestic Fields Elementary.
They are trying.
They really are.
But it is NOT Riverside.
We miss Riverside and KK really wants to go back.
The Halloween Parade was a complete NIGHTMARE.
The police had to come and direct traffic.
There were parents running everywhere. 
No one knew where to stand.  
It was chaos. 
The parade kept getting bottle necked.
It WAS NOT fun.
We finally just grabbed our kids out of line and walked 5 miles to our car
and took them home. 


Our kids wanted to go trick or treating in our neighborhood this year. 
So we set up a TV and space heaters in our garage and passed out
candy while we watched Thursday Night Football. 





 October was a low key month.  Not a lot happened that was noteworthy.  We are back to an easier life.  I am NOT complaining at all.  It is nice to be routined and back to normal.  I don't accidentally drive to our old house anymore.  And everything here in our new house is starting to feel normal. 

We are looking forward to the holidays and trying to find new places for our old stuff. 

1 comment:

Nancy Little said...

Great to relive the month! I love Peyton's glasses...sorry she can't see but she sure looks cute!! I also love your little pop up tree, it will be fun to watch it grow. I didn't like Halloween when our kids were little either but I love it now!! I think it's my second favorite holiday (next to Valentine's Day). The MF Parade lacked a little in organization but I'm sure it will improve as time goes on, plus we got to experience a miracle with your lost debit card. Thanks for having us over to your house this year. It was fun, definitely not as crazy as our neighborhood but I think the kids had a better time. I might mention that you did skip a couple of important events...Dad's birthday and Kori's MRI results!!