Thank you, thank you family for making this a low key, fun and low stress month. We needed it and we deserved it.
We didn't really do too much until the first day of school. We did a little bit of shopping and we did some traditional summer activities with the last of our summer days. We ordered some really cool shoes online and they all arrived in the nick of time.
Ryker started 7th grade this year. He is excited to be the BMOC and as long as he has brand new Jordans on his feet, he cannot fail at life. It doesn't take too much to make him SO happy. He is very well adjusted and likes to be with friends even if it's at school. He was up extra early this day and walked by himself to the bus with a big smile on his face.
Peyton and Kaleigh are in the 8th and 9th grades. They were not as happy or excited to start school. I am so glad they are back together at the same school. They ride the bus together and walk down the street together. They really are the very best friends.
For the 4th or 5th time, Peyton's birthday fell on the first day of school.
Just as it traditionally goes, her birthday totally gets trumped by the mad rush of making sure hair gets brushed, backpacks get filled and first day outfits are in shape.
We blew it as far as celebrating goes and I was overwhelmed by guilt and saddness.
But, she was as darling as ever. Grateful for the efforts that were made.
If she was sad, we'd never know about it.
She is the cutest, happiest, easy going teenager in the whole world.
I absolutely adore her
She is the most excited to get her permit.
It's going to be a little tough since her glasses broke right down the middle and her eye appointment
to get contacts isn't until mid-September.
Nevertheless, permit or no permit, Dad takes her driving in the church parking lot in the big truck and she
drives really well
We celebrated her birthday, the following Saturday in Pine Valley.
This was one of our best years.
The weather was perfect and the food was fabulous
We made hobo dinners in the fire pit
And BBQ salmon
Peyton cut a log up with a hatchet.
I don't know why she loves doing this, but she does this every year
We made dutch oven apple cobbler which was DIVINE!!
And then the skies opened and sent a 20 minute downpour with thunder, lightning, hail and wind.
We were mostly covered by a canopy. The very second we had a slight break, we hustled and rushed everything to the truck. I loved it. It was perfect
I got to prep for an outdoor photoshoot.
I love doing this.
I wish this was my full time job
I also got to attend a ground breaking for a new community
We had to sign one of our employees up to be dunked.
One of our bosses said he would pay the volunteer $100.
Shane didn't hesitate to raise his hand.
I dunked him on the 5th and final throw
Ryker started football in August.
He is a defensive lineman and HE IS GOOD.
But..... after one of his monster tackles in the first game, he got up and limped off the field.
He was out for the rest of the game with a deep knee bruise.
I told him it was the first of may injuries, if he continues to play this brutal sport.
I LOVE football.... but it totally feels different when it's your child getting knocked around.
I don't know how many more games I will be able to watch
Grant and Kailee went to visit Kori in Oregon.
I loved seeing this picture with her out and about.
It made me so happy
I LOVE this picture of Peyton on the way home from school.
It's rough to be a teenager
We ended the month up at Park City.
The weather was so amazing
and we did SO many things and ate so much food
We ALL looked SO much better in person
Really good job, photographer.
Waiting for Papa and Nana and Savanna to catch up
The Red Banjo (our favorite Park City Main St restaurant)
Totally affordable. They always seat us right away no matter how big
our party is. We walk up to the almost top of Main St, eat and then walk back down.
It's always a good time
We played games
The boys played golf at Hobble Creek
Rals, Walt, Papa and Uncle Jamie
I think the last day of our vacay was my favorite.
We headed down East Canyon, our new favorite canyon, to Ruth's Diner for an early morning breakfast.
The most delicious biscuits and jam.
We sat on the patio under a heater.
With a few bugs and birds in trees overhead peed on a few of us.
Followed by a trip to Temple Square.
The weather was just right.
We got a great parking place
My grandma used to say....
There's Brigham Young
Up on his perch
With his hand to the bank
and his back to the church
The Salt Lake Temple is coming along nicely
but still seems years away from being finished
Then we finished the day off with a massive haircut.
KK decided to cut 9 inches off
and Savanna did it.
It looks so cute now that she is figuring out how to curl and syle it
I am so glad this is the world's most boring post. Nothing makes me happier after our wild summer adventures. We have just been having a good time adjusting to being on a schedule again and trying to lose a few pounds. Raleigh is SO busy with all of his church responsibilities. I am teaching Relief Society again (my favorite calling). He and I try to walk 2 miles every night. It is an opportunity to vent about our day and bring each other up to speed on various topics. It is so hot in August, so we can't go until 9:30 PM. But, it is something that I look forward to every day.
I came to some major realizations this month.
I had a couple of personal experiences that strengthened my testimony like 1000%.
I am so happy that I am allowed to have snippets of enlightenment from time to time that help
me to know that I am on the right path.
I am very blessed to be a part of this little family.
We have a ton of fun together.
We are also very grateful that Papa and Nana invite us to go with them every year to our favorite
vacation destination.
The kids love going to Mountainside, we love Park City.




1 comment:
I don't know how I missed seeing this for almost TEN days!! At the beginning of the month, I was looking everyday and when nothing was happening, I lost interest, I guess. Anyway, happy to see this post and a few of the pictures I missed. It was a fun month, even if you called it boring, I thought it was pretty spectacular. Happy we could be together for some of it. The kids looked darling on their first day of school, as always!! So fun to watch them grow up, although most days, I wish they wouldn't. Pine Valley was amazing this year and the downpour just added to the amazingness!! Park City is always a good time but too much food!! I, too, loved Ruby's
Diner...most especially because of the beautiful drive (short cut) to
get there. What a FIND!! I have new respect for Siri!! I also loved
the Church Office Bldg Plaza area...getting a little glimpse of what's
to come was so exciting!! We belong to a magnificent Church, not
just because of the beautiful Temple grounds, but I do love the
loveliness of it all!!! Not to mention, the attention to detail...every
little flower perfectly planted in the perfect spot!! I'm pretty sure Jesus is happy :-) Thanks for posting...it's always fun to Remember, Remember!!
Post a Comment