Lame! July is always lame!
I never look forward to this month ever.
In fact, it's approach almost makes me cry.
It's way too hot and work is crazy and it's HOT.
We do get two days off though.... The 4th and the 24th.
I will give it that.
I spent the bulk of the month staging for photoshoots and taking staging down afterward.
It is the hardest of work and I sweat and swear a lot.
But I love it. I love the results. I love the difference it makes.
It is very rewarding in an otherwise un-rewarding industry.
There is just no denying that good photos make a difference and a well staged
room... a good photo makes.
It is the very best feeling to know that your job or the efforts of your job
actually make a difference.
One of my owners spent $1100 on spruced up decor for his home.
We reshot the rooms where the new decor was placed.
Three days after the photos were uploaded to our website,
he had made his money back with reservation funds.
From now on, it is just profit.
I love that, I love that I get to be a part of it, I love that
something I am doing is moving the needle.
That is so rewarding and satisifying.
I am also very pleased with the efforts that have been made to follow
through with my "what lack I yet" project.
I LOVE the results.
Who ever thought that I would be the beneficiary?
But, I suppose that is the plan all along.
We attended the temple on Ward Temple Night this month.
It is way more fun to go with people you know.
The Relief Society President and I whispered and giggled a couple of times, I admit.
There were some funny things going on.
A very loud mouth breather made it so we could hardly concentrate.
The lady in front of us fell asleep like 5 times and kept leaning on the lady next to her
who she didn't even know.
And when she would wake up it was awkward... all 5 times.
And yet she kept doing it.
And a girl near the front had a really funny wardrobe malfunction.
We were not paying attention like we should have been.
But, it was NOT our fault.
Get yourselves together ladies... Geez!
So fun.
I also took a day off in the middle of the month and as part of my "day off events"
I went to the temple with a couple of girls in my ward and we did inititories.
We were in and out in under an hour and we all decided that we would meet
up on a lunch break on one day of the month going forward to do this together.
It is as slick as a whistle and what better way is there to spend your lunch?
It is darling
He looks like every other boy his age.
One day I went to the mall and there were at least 50 boys there
between the ages of 13-15.
I thought at least 40 of them were him.
They literally all look exactly the same.
He is very tall and thin and handsome.
It is possible he grew at least a foot and a half over the summer.
His voice is all low now.
So crazy.
I think the Southern Utah fires really affected my lungs.
I have been not feeling very good for about 3 weeks and
I can't take good breaths without a little effort.
My dad has a nebulizer and so I went over and used it to see
if I could open up my lungs.
It definitely helped, but I will bring it up to my oncologist and see
what she thinks.
The girls had Girl's Camp in July.
It was in Las Vegas (in July).
It was Stake Camp this year and traditionally, they have not had a great
time at Stake Camp. But this year it was only 2 1/2 days and so they
thought they could do that.
At the very last minute, Raleigh was recruited to drive the Scout Trailer down for them.
The campground is up in the mountains above Summerlin and was
at least 20 degrees cooler than town.
It even got cold enough to almost be uncomfortable at night.
Raleigh helped them unpack and set up.
And then he opted to just stay in a hotel in town during camp.
That made it easier too knowing he wasn't too far away.
The girls had a great time.
They shot arrows with bows.
They zipped down a zip line.
They climbed a very high rock wall.
They sang and danced and laughed.
Raleigh went back up for Bishop's Night
and brought cookies and ice cream for everyone.
I am so glad they were able to go and that it is yet another Girl's Camp memory for everyone.
While the girls were away, Ryker got braces
I think he looks SO darling in them
$1200 in metal right there.
Kaleigh asked which was more expensive...
Three kids in diapers for two years or
three kids in braces?
I don't know for sure... both are expensive.
Good thing we don't have to come up with the money to buy THREE CARS.
Here is the first phase of the backyard overhaul that will really take place in August and
September.
Just a little cement work to start things off.
So much more hard work to come.
I cannot wait until it is finished.
We finished up the month with a fresh haircut for
the soon to be 16 year old.
She hoped to have her braces off by her birthday, but it is looking like October.
Her teeth are going to be gorgeous though, I can already tell.
I learned SO MANY things this month. I am being enlightened and hastened almost every day.
It is crazy how knowledge is just unfolding.
And my testimony is blowing up.
Could it be one of the blessings of attending the temple? Probably.
Anyway, I cried joyful tears at least five times as I learned things that I have always known...
But just not like this.
It is fascinating and it is opening me up like never before.
I teach Relief Society and Sunday School and so I am forced to learn and keep up.
It has been so good for me. I have been so blessed.
I continue to document a daily miracle in my journal.
That has been really good for me to do that.
Ryker starts football so soon.
Tryouts are August 4th and then the fun begins.
We picked up his equipment and he tried out the helmet.
It's a good one for sure
School is starting this year with a Sophomore, Freshman and an 8th grader.
It will be good to have a routine again...
but the truth is I like it best when they are home.
I love having them home all day with Raleigh in the summer.
I just know where everyone is and they are all together and happy.
I cannot express my happiness that the hottest month of the year is behind us and there is a
chance that August will bring with it, monsoon season and football games a plenty.






No comments:
Post a Comment