Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Pluses and Minuses

School is in Session

And I may be having some mixed emotions about it. I do not love Summer Vacation. But I am not sure how I feel about them returning to school either. Weird.

Plus: My house will maybe have a chance of staying clean for an hour
Minus: Give me a second, I am sure there is a minus....

Plus: Now we are back into a routine. Homework completed by 5:00, dinner at 6:00, baths at 8:30, lights out at 9:00, no more sleep overs
Minus: I have to be the warden again and I don't think I have the energy.


Plus: I got to say goodbye to them at the front door and didn't have to drive them to the various schools (3 different schools to be exact) because they all wanted to ride the bus
Minus: I am pretty sure the reason they wanted to ride the bus is because having your pregnant mother and 1 year old baby sister drop you off at school on the first day is probably social suicide.


Plus: They are going to be so much smarter
Minus: I am literally in the POOR HOUSE getting them enrolled in this supposed "free" public education system. FYI: there isn't anything free about it at all. From lab fees to lunches, I do not have a dime to my name.


My Sophomore
Minus:
He looks like a HOOLIGAN and obviously doesn't give a hoot about fashion.
Plus: He is the sweetest, kindest, most loving, most spiritual, absolutely darling, could not ask for a better son. A cleaner one, for sure but better? NO
My 8th Grader
Minus:
There goes my free babysitter
Plus: There goes my sleeping all day, bathroom occupying, clothes everywhere, whiny, total teenagery, hormonal second born. But, I will miss her off the wall comments, her total spunkiness and her cute face. I love this girlie girl.
Plus: "I won't have all these kids in my face all day long"
Minus: "Where is everyone? And why is no one holding me?"

My 6th Grader
Minus:
Who will help me clean now?
Plus: Wait? Where are all the friends, parties, mayhem, drama, cockamamie ideas and the list goes on and on
My 3rd Grader
Minus:
Getting up early and straightening that hair
Plus: EARLY bedtime and a very tired girl because we got up so early to do her hair

Yeah 2010-2011
It's gonna be a good one

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez Kac, you're so on the ball! The kids are barely out the door and you've already posted about them and even have pictures!! I'm so impressed. The kids look sooooo cute. I texted Morgan yesterday and told her to be sure to have someone take her picture. She wrote back and said, "Nana, I'm in the 6th grade, that would be so embarrassing." But I guess she gave in...good for her (and you). I hope you have a relaxing day, maybe a little reading or knitting! I'll be anxious to hear about "The First Day". P.S. Westlake H.S. was on the news last night, all about their hoodlum football team, keep B away from those guys.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

So FUN!! Cute Pics too. I love Quin's hair...is that new??
Heres to another school year...let the drama begin!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Let the good times begin! Or not! Whatever it is I guess there is always some good with the bad - right?

Good luck to another great school year!

The Barton's said...

Ok you cute momma! They are all so cute. I feel as you do. I did not realize we have 3 kids in the exact same grade. Love your guts.