Monday, August 2, 2010

Why do I love hospitals so much??

On some subconscious level, I must love being here or I wouldn't keep coming back right?

BUT AS I SIT HERE

I can't decide if it's the needles
Or the unbearably painful Phlebitis causing IVs
Or the ridiculously uncomfortable beds
Or this high fashion gown that is 14 sizes too big and is nowhere near modest.
Or the constant coming and going of nurses with their machines and pokings and touchings at all hours of the night
Or the lack of channels I get on this TV
Or the yucky food they keep bringing me
Or looking like complete HELL because I literally flew out of my bed in the middle of the night and came straight over here with no toothbrush or shower or change of clothes.
Or maybe it's the not knowing that I love the most...

NEVERTHELESS

Trying to look on the brightside, I get all the diet coke I want with perfect ice and a bendy straw.
And I am not at work.

And so really... what more could a girl ask for?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kaci... did I miss something? Why the heck are you back in there?

Love you... and thanks for being there for me.
Wendy

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I am sorry you are having so many problems! Hospitals are just terrible. I always say the gowns are typical hospital sizing... ONE SIZE FITS NONE! And the food. I get sick to my stomach every saturday when they serve french toast for breakfast and broccoli beef for lunch. Just the smell in the air from those two meals makes you never want to eat again. Fortunately, NOBODY looks or smells good in the hospital, so you will blend in just fine.

Good luck. I hope you make it out of there alive. Just kidding... hope all is well with that little placenta of yours and you should really consider taking it easy for the next 8 weeks :)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh my goodness! What the heck is going on? Do you have Placenta Previa (I probably spelled that wrong?)I hope your doing good and hanging in there, despite all the yucky things about hospitals. Try to make the best of it!

Take care and try try try to get some rest!

JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Kac, you've gotta stay away from that place, they will hurt you. I can get you all the Diet Coke you want and a whole box of bendy straws, just promise me you will stay home (on the couch would be my preference) for at least another 8 weeks or so, then we'll talk about it.

Chelsea said...

You're in the hospital again? Sounds super fun. Dang girl, what's going on? I hope you and baby girl get to go home soon. Glad you're looking at the bright side of things and keeping us out-of-towners updated on things. P.S. I love bendy straws too. :)

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear you are back in the hospital, I hope you get out of there soon! But on another note...I LOVE the hospital ice, lol.