Thursday, October 28, 2010

16 Halloweens down 17 to go...

Last night I reflected back on all my past Halloweens. It isn't my favorite holiday. But mostly because I knock myself out every year and make it way harder than it needs to be. My kids will say to me "I want to be a fairy" and instead of running down to the costume store and purchasing a fairy costume, I create a fairy. I spend double the money and stress for weeks. And by the time Halloween comes, I am exhausted. I have created a Scarecrow, a Cat, a Football player, various "undead things", Santa's helper and the list goes on and on.
I think there have been around 50 costumes over the years combined.
This year, I am not at my physical best. But thankfully my little darlings have chosen easy to put together costumes and were a ton of help. So far it is going splendidly.
One day down, one to go.
For this year that is.............
Sissy at the School Parade
Costume tomorrow.... if all goes well. She might not be that thrilled to wear it.
Cross your fingers.
Morgan
A little LadyBug
Allison
She wanted to be a "bloody cowboy"
Do cowboys bleed very often? I'm not sure about that.
But after much talking and persuasion, and I may have yelled a little in frustration... I talked her into being a cute cowboy/Woody (sortof)
YEEEEE HAWWWWW
Quincey
Bees just don't get any cuter than this

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo Cute!! I LOVE every one! You are a wonderful mother and I would like to say that someday your children will appreciate all of your hard work...but the truth is, they probably won't. I don't think Kori really remembers/appreciates that robot costume at all!

Chelsea said...

wow, you are sooo creative!! i freakin' love these! and i can't wait to see cute little pey pey's costume tomorrow! :) (is it ok that i called her that? haha)

val said...

sissy is so cute i wanna just pick her up and kiss her! love that vest.
you did great on the costumes. every one.
i had a hard enough time putting one and a half costumes together. agh!
ali on the other hand is much better at it than me. she somehow pulls great things together for free!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Darling cosutmes. I am not the wonderful creative costume makin mom~sad to say. I have wanted to be, however, I am just not. So my kids always get those store bought costumes. For sure not as cute, but they have to do for us. Your kids look darling!