Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What an accomplishment....

Hold on... I'm about to date myself.
But back when I was a YW, we had Six Areas Of Focus and we worked on our Personal Progress for the entire 6 years that we were in Young Women and it literally took me 6 years to get my Medallion. I did 40 hours of Laurel projects, 5 years of camp, 2 Summiteer Hikes, 12 projects a year for 6 years. And I wear my Medallion with complete pride.
Fast Forward to a new day, a new time
The Program has changed and it is now possible to receive your Young Womanhood Medallion as early as 14 and my sweet, Quincey did that. She worked very hard and we are very proud of her.
Quincey and her Young Women President, Desi
Bishop Raff
Yay!!! Phew!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A BIG Congratulations to Sweet Quincey!!! This REALLY makes me feel old but makes me feel more proud than old...so Really, Really Proud!! She is carrying on the Legacy of Young Womanhood Medallion wearers in her family and I hope she's proud too!! This is such a wonderful accomplishment, at any age, but especially for a 14 year old. Good Job Quin, I can't wait to see your Medallion on Friday!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Congrats Quin...that is awesome! Good job pretty lady!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

WAY TO GO!!! I too remember the old personal progress program. Now I'm in Y.W. and they have encouraged us leaders to work to get it~again, so I'm a working on it and Brilynn just got into Y.W. so were together plugging along. I will be SO SO GLAD when were done!

Good job Quin! That is an awesome accomplishment!

Kaci said...

I know Jolynn... I actually have two medallions for that same reason. The second one is MUCH easier to achieve, I'm not sure why. AND the medallions of OUR time were so much more beautiful in my opinion and solid gold too I might add. Good luck to both of you.

Anonymous said...

Comment #1-

This brings back so many memories. I had braces when I was around her age, 7th-9th grade. And I remember getting all my young women stuff done too. I was 13 when they changed the program, so I don't really remember what it was like before that. BUt I know they've changed it since then too. Congratulations to her! And way to go all of you getting your medallions as leaders!