And since we returned from what was supposed to be a VACATION for us to rejuvenate and return refreshed, it would seem, in fact that we have been inundated with challenge after challenge, not to mention all kinds of unbelievable goings on and because of all of the above excuses, making me "not my best self"... I have, in fact nearly lost my mind.
I find that my biggest asset in combating all of this overwhelmingness is my darn near perfect, husband.
He stops at the store to pick up things that he's noticed we are out of. He gets the oil changed on both cars, fills mine up with gas and puts air in my tires. He holds one or two babies the instant he walks in the door from work, on the couch, in his work clothes, sometimes for an hour or more. He leaps out of bed the very instant one of them makes the slightest peep in the night, so that he can get to them before they wake me up. He has them all day on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and half days on Fridays. They are bathed, happy and wearing the cutest outfits when I get home. He wakes me up on the couch where I have fallen asleep at 8:30 and walks me to bed, tucks me in, plugs in my phone, turns off my lamp, kisses my cheek, sends the big kids to bed, puts the little girls to sleep (with dry diapers and pajamas) keeps track of doctor's appointments and the baby's growth on his phone, fixes the dishwasher, does the laundry and works a minimum of 50 hours a week. He is a very good listener and is trying to be a good talker. He's always happy. He's always positive. And he's clearheaded. And keeps me grounded.
And then... not knowing why... brought home two dozen roses for me because he thought maybe something wasn't quite right with me. I said "do you even know why you are bringing me these?" and he said "nope, but I hope they make you feel happy, I think you are having a rough week"
Really? Am I that transparent?
Well, what makes me feel happy is knowing that I am married to him. And that I get to be with him every day. And sleep by him every night. And raise these two darling babies with him. And have late night talks. And cry on his shoulder. And feel safe. And laugh every single day. And most importantly, makes sure that I feel his full and complete support while I am experiencing all kinds of different emotions this week.
I don't know what I did to get so lucky to be the wife of someone so selfless and giving. But he blesses my life every day. And I am amazed that every single day I love him more than I did the day before. I do not deserve him. But, I'll take him, by golly. Because I'd be in the funny farm without him. I sure do love you, Hotstuff.
That's a fact.
3 comments:
From all the stories I've heard he is darn near perfect. And you
DO deserve him. And he's lucky to have you. I have missed you. So glad your baby is better.
Well darn, I just put my makeup on for the day and now I have mascara running down my cheeks. I know you feel "crazy" most days and I totally "get it" and I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that you have such a wonderful husband, who is such a support and positive person. I know you couldn't possibly do all you do without him and we are sooooo grateful. Thanks to Raleigh (you know, the "Saint") and thanks to you for all you (both) do to be such good parents and good people. We love you more than words can say!
Kaci you are an amazing women. You most certenly do deserve this wonderful husband of yours. Despite the fact that you have a lot going on right now. You always touch me in some way and give me inspiration. Lv ya.
Post a Comment