Modern Medicine is such a great thing.
And although I HATE taking my kids to the doctor to get their shots, I have always done so.
But my Sweet Little Nearly Two Month Old, Seven Pounder managed to find herself a good case of Whooping Cough one week before her immunizations were to take place.
And we have been a wreck for a week.
Raleigh and I have taken turns keeping a watchful eye on her. Giving her breathing treatments, lots of Vicks Vapor Rub, a powerful dose of Azithromycin, propping her up during her coughing attacks that stop her breathing and make her purple.
But she is strong. She proved that by surviving a very complicated pregnancy. And even though she is very sick, she still smiles at us when ever we look at her. She continues to sleep through the night. And she is as perfect as a baby can be.
I love this little girl more than life itself.
She has angels all around her.
6 comments:
It sounds like her parents are among the angels! I'm so sorry for all of you, especially Kaleigh but also for you and Raleigh and your lack of sleep and for all the worry. I'm glad she's doing better.
How scary and sad for you guys. I would be such a wreck in your shoes! I hope she gets better soon, that sweet little girl.
Oh my goodness... that sounds very scary. I would be a nervous wreck as well. I hope she improves quickly so you can get some rest.
Oh man, I didn't know you could still get this! I used to joke about having this whenever I had a cold. I hope she get's better so fast! It's no fun being sick at all. Prayers going your way!...
<3 Nat
That is just awful! I'm so sorry to hear this. I feel so sorry for all of you. When Conner was 4 months old he had RSV and he was in the hospital for 13 days. It was so scary and awful. I know how hard it is watching a sweet little baby be so sick! My heart goes out to you all. I will be praying for you all.
Take Care!
JoLynn
Its amazing that she culd feel so sick and still look SO DARLING! Sweet little baby!
We will keep her in our prayers!
Love and miss you!
Post a Comment