Monday, August 1, 2011

I Love You

I think that it is so funny that when you don't demand or feel that you deserve to be treated like a queen, you are. I have never one day thought that I deserved to be or asked that I be put in the center of our marriage and yet I so am. I find myself feeling so guilty for the way that I am treated on a daily basis. I am constantly being doted on, massaged, listened to with unwaivering attention, I am catered to, loved and cared for. I casually mention a slight craving I may be having and before I know it, shoes are on and he's out the door. He surprises me with gifts, flowers and little notes. He always thinks of my needs. He puts me way before himself. And he always has. He considers my feelings, my stress level, my tiredness or sickness level, my thoughts and my schedule before he does or says anything. He hardly ever does anything for himself. There has not been one day that has passed since 2007, that he hasn't asked me how I am and what he can do to make my day better. I am the center of it all. He has proven it time and time again.

I am the luckiest girl in the world and I want him to know that I am so blessed to have him in my life for the rest of my life and beyond. He is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me I love him with all of my heart. I love being with him. Even if we are just laying on the bed reading magazines, not saying a word, I just love sitting by him. I love our weekly visits to Costco. Our Wednesday lunches. Watching him play sports. Watching him love our babies. I am so grateful that we have been blessed with three wonderful and healthy children to raise together. I love "loving him" and often. I love how gentle and kind he is to me. I love his loving words of encourgement. I love that he is attracted to me considering the condition of my body for the past three years. Even at my most weighty times he is all over me and I am so embarrassed and uncomfortable and I wiggle and squirm and try and set ground rules like 1. You can't touch my butt until March 2012. 2. You can't make stuff jiggle. 3. You can't see me naked etc. But he laughs at me like it's a big joke and says... "just let me love you". So I do. And I try and appreciate that for some reason he likes me when I'm pregnant. OBVIOUSLY!!

I love our past and all that we have been through together and for all that we have endured. I have loved watching us grow as a couple. I love how we have grown closer through our trials and experiences. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I love how he has always made me feel like I am smart and beautiful and the love of his life. And how he makes me feel so secure and safe. I love how the gospel is so important to him and how he encorporates the priesthood into our daily lives. And how he has the kids ready for church every Sunday with baths and lotion and hair bows and tights and cute outfits and bottles and snacks.

I love that we NEVER argue or fight. I love that he is so easy going and is so easy to be with. I love that he has taken the time to really come to know who I am. He has always made it a point to learn all that he can about what I like to do, what I like to eat, my sleeping habits, my personality traits, my dislikes, my fears, my worries and concerns and then he designs our life around them. He stands up for me. He protects me. He tries his hardest to make sure that other people treat me well too. And when they flat out refuse to do so, he takes drastic measures. And then tells me that he would do anything he has to do to ensure my happiness because no one is more important to him than me.

It has been my pleasure to be his wife. I appreciate all that he does for me and for who he is and what he will be. I am amazed that with each passing day, I love him more and more. Because just when I think I could not love him any more than I do.... I do. And so for this reason and for a ton more, I look forward many, many more unbelievably happy and completely blissful years.

2 comments:

natalie said...

What a lucky girl you are. I would like to thank him too for all he has done to make you so happy.

Me and Mike said...

Raleigh is the best. But so are you.