Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hard Work Pays Off

Cheerleading began 21 weeks ago.
There were 3 practices a week.  The past two weeks had practices all five days.  Totaling 73 practices in all.  During the summer, practices were at 7:00 am.  After school started, they were at night until 10:00 pm.  Plus add in 9 games that they cheered at.  The first game was in 92 degree weather the last game was in 50 degree weather and in the pouring down rain.  
I am so proud of the dedication that Morgan had.  The only practice she missed was the day we were sealed.
Today was the first competition of two.  I could not believe how good these junior high squads were. 
Tiny Sis danced and clapped and cheered them on
Here she is with her FIRST PLACE trophies
And with her squad of happy and relieved girls. I am so proud of her.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the THUNDER Jr. High Cheer Squad. We are excited to see them compete next Saturday. Morgan looks so grown up and cute. I, too, am proud of her dedication. The little girls look like they were having a fun time too...little cheerleaders in the making!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Congrats to Morgan...she definately has the Cheerleader way about her!
She looks darling...i'm sad I have not gotten to see her cheer. Hopefully next year!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

That is awesome! Way to go Morgan. I love it when kids at a young age see that hard work and dedication pays off! Yay for Morgan and the whole cheer squad!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Good job Morgan! That is very exciting. It is nice when all that hard work pays off. You look so cute and grown-up.