Morgan was born on a Saturday.
I started having contractions at 8:00 am.
I timed contractions all day long while I stopped at the mall and various baby stores to buy her hair bows and soft blankets and cute hospital clothes.
Mom and Dad came to get the two big kids at about 8:00 pm and my contractions had stopped.
"Oh well" mom said
"get a good night's sleep and we'll try again tomorrow."
So, I took a long hot bath with bubbles and then I decided to walk down to Blockbuster, which was about 2 blocks away to get a movie.
When I got there, I was in FULL BLOWN, doubling over, moaning, out of control, probably not going to make it to the hospital-- labor.
I asked the boy behind the counter to call her dad to come pick me up (we didn't have cell phones back then). It seemed like it took him a year to get there and the boy (who was black) was freaking out because I was pounding on the counter and breathing like I was taking my last breath,
and he kept saying
"don't you have yo baby in my stow, Lady"
Needless to say, she was born shortly after that
and the doctor asked if I wanted a 13th or a 14th of March baby and I decided the 13th would be cool because every once in a while it would fall on a Friday.
(actually, because there hadn't been time for an epidural, I think I may have screamed something like... "get this baby out of me right NOW." And there may have been a couple of expletives... But it was kind of a blur)

(actually, because there hadn't been time for an epidural, I think I may have screamed something like... "get this baby out of me right NOW." And there may have been a couple of expletives... But it was kind of a blur)
Today on the 13th, she turned 13
and we had a fun day together...




Cute little cheerleaders
I really love this girl.
Happy Birthday "Morgan Stanley"
4 comments:
What a fun day with all those very cute girls! Happy Birthday to Morgan...she will be a perfect teenager...I can just feel it!
Lol Morgan Stanley. But I'm confused....I remember 13 being super awkward, not so cute, oily ponytail....these girls are beautiful and so so cute. Wowzas! Happy birthday beautiful Morgan. ;)
Happy Birthday MO! It looks like a FUN TEENAGER party! Love you
Happy Happy Birthday to a very darling girl!
Post a Comment