Sunday, May 13, 2012

I am a mother after all...

I spent my 17th Mother's Day with the kiddies.  They did their best to clean the house... that was their gift to me... hmmmmmm. 
The big kids left at 3:00 to spend Mother's Day with their dad (???)And the rest of us enjoyed the beautiful day by sitting outside on the deck
My sweet husband grilled me the most delicious steak
And helped the little kids make me the most darling gift that I will always treasure
Our strawberry/raspberry patch is thriving!!  Yum
Kaleigh and Peyton rolled this huge ball around the yard
Then Raleigh took a nap and I cleaned the basement.  Because I am a mother after all... and according to my kids... cleaning is what a mom does.  I listened to some really good music and thought that I am truly blessed in so many ways.
Happy Mother's Day to my mom who is the best mom a girl could ask for.  She is a great example to me.  And a huge support.  I'm sorry your gift was lost somewhere, but I will get to the bottom of that and will hopefully score some FREE stuff as a result.  I love you very much.

6 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! It looks like it was a lovely one!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day and you sure do deserve it because you REALLY ARE a mother, after all!! I mean...look at ALL of those kids. I love all the pictures, especially the one of you with the "Super Seven".

Thanks for all the sweet words. I don't feel like I was that great of a mom but I sure did get some darling daughters so maybe I did something right after all. I love you and I'm so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I LOVE the pictures of the little kids' hand and footprints. What a darling idea and gift. That Raleigh...he's just such a thoughtful guy!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Such cute pictures. I am so excited to see your family this weekend. I am glad that you had a nice Mother's day.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I LOVE your little gift...such a great idea. I tell ya Raleigh is a good gift giver!
I am glad you had a happy mother's day and that you were well taken care of.
Love you...excited to see you this weekend!

Wendy said...

Kaci... you are so so so SO SO SO (I can't make my font bigger) beautiful... beautiful and strong. I love you!