Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Haps...

Morgan carried a 3.96 GPA all year because of that stupid A- in keyboarding.  And it really bothered her.  Finally in Quarter 4, after a lot of hard work and some extra credit, she achieved a 4.0 and a spot on the High Honor Roll.

She was also selected to be in the Peer Leadership Program next year.  It's a program of a small group of  kids who have displayed exceptional skills in the areas of leadership, organization, attendance, diligence and attitude who act as the leadership examples of the school.  As well as peer tutors.  They are nominated by teachers.  She had no idea she'd even been nominated.  She makes me proud because she is so self motivated.  I love how dedicated she is to her future.  She will settle for nothing less than perfection.  It's such a delightful trait that she got from my SISTER,  certainly not from me.  I can't think past the moment that I am currently in or I get overwhelmed.

                                       In stark contrast...


here are Sleepy and Dopey leaving for FIVE hours of Saturday Attendance School.  They are the poster children for the Sluffing School Campaign.  Everything is more important to them than school... sleeping, putting on make up, playing WOW, pooping...  so here they go to Breakfast Club it UP.  How special that they do activities together.

 However, I will say that Brayden recently submitted an application as a joke to the Art Institute of Minnesota and GOT ACCEPTED!!  Watch, he'll be a famous illustrative genius someday and the joke will be on all of us.

Kaleigh took a nap on the kitchen table because that makes sense.  She can't just stay on the ground like everyone else.  If there is something to climb on, she will.  But she can't get down.  So if no one is around to get her down, she will wait it out...  sometimes it takes a really long time for someone to walk by

She is something else.  I think it will be necessary to enroll her in several activities when she's older including but not limited to Summer Camp.  If she wasn't the cutest thing I've ever seen, she'd be out on the curb, I tell ya. 

Our sweet little brother had his four month doctor's appointment this week and he has a calcified hematoma on the back of his head that is making me so upset.  The doctor isn't worried, Raleigh isn't worried but I am a wreck over it.  I touch it all the time and and make him sleep all weird so that it doesn't get worse.  It will go away on it's own eventually, but I hate it.  He is such a great baby.  I love him with all my heart and I am so lucky to be his mom.

I got to spend another Saturday with my favorite person in the whole world.  He was busy all day long doing little "dad" projects around the house and I enjoyed watching him.  He makes me so happy.  I love being with him.  I love that I get to be with him.

I am so glad that it is getting warmer, a sure sign that good things are to come...
                                                        Like Dutch Oven Dinners

                                                  Bright Sunlight
                                                  And A LOT of hanky panky......

6 comments:

val said...

Go Morgan! And lol on the little table napper and that it might be a while before someone walks by to rescue her. Keeping up with the lunds...always a good read. I think I should always end my comments with..mother of 7, you rock!!!!!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Hahaha. I am laughing over that picture of Brayden and Quincey. They are too funny. Good job Morgan, high achiever! Raleigh loves that dutch oven. We really need him to teach us how to use ours. How can I live with a scout master, and neither of us know how to use it?
Looks like a fun weekend. Now, now, not too much hanky panky this weekend...

Anonymous said...

I swear...never a dull moment at the Lund house. Congrats to Morgan...what a smart girl and high achiever. Those other two "big" kids are smart too, they just need to re-channel their efforts. The picture of Kaleigh is soooo funny, it really tells a story. I'm glad no one seems concerned about baby Ryker (with the exception of you, of course) and since you need something to worry about, I'm glad it's something that no one else is worried about. I remember when Brayden had that hematoma right in the middle of his forehead and I thought it would never go away and then, one day, it did. I'm sure that's just what will happen to Ryker. I'm glad you're enjoying the dutch oven. Raleigh appears to be an expert, maybe he will teach the rest of us a thing or two.

We're excited to see all of you very soon.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I loved this post...I even got a little teary when you said Morgan took after me...then I got a lot teary when I realized you were talking about Kori.
I love the Sluffers... maybe THEY take after me...I spent many a day in Saturday school.
Poor KK sleeping on the table...but when you are tired you are tired...no matter where you have climbed. She just gets cuter.
Glad you got to spend time with your lover...those are my favorite times. Especially when hanky panky is involved.
Love you...excited to see you in a couple weeks.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your kiddos are all so cute and such good kids. I love reading your blog and hearing about you all!

Ali said...

Lol on this post! What an entertaining and adorable bunch you have. You go girl!