Sunday, September 23, 2012

What I Loved...

About this week...

1.  The Pictures don't do it justice, but I love the way it looks outside my back door in the morning... Every morning, I spend a little time outside.  Sometimes I just sit out there and put on my shoes and sometimes, I have enough time to make myself a delicious cup of hot chocolate and I sit out there and listen to the waterfall and the frog that lives near the waterfall.  I watch the hummingbirds take drinks out of the feeder and I thank Heavenly Father that we are here.



2. I love the little shrine to our marriage that is on the wall.  I am so grateful and honored to be married to Raleigh.  I LOVED, loved, loved that I was able to sit by him at the temple dedication today and he played with my hair.  I feel safe when he puts his arm around me.  Early on in our relationship, I had the thought... if this boy can sing, he will be perfect.  I remember the first Sunday that we went to church together,  I was so nervous for the opening song to start because I thought that he could be tone deaf and it would mean that he wasn't perfection...  I kid you not, tears welled up in my eyes as he started singing because he not only could carry a tune, he was really good.  I love sitting by him when he sings.  We enjoyed the dedication.  But even more, I love that we have the same sense of humor and that we burst out laughing simultaneously when the little man opened the side door to let the choir out... and the little corner choir group filed out obediently.  I don't know why it was so hilarious to me, but when it was funny to him too, I laughed even more...quirky. We are a blissfully happy, quirky couple.


3.  I am so happy that Raleigh and my dad (and sometimes the brothers in law) go golfing nearly every week.  I know it makes him so happy to be able to golf and the fact that he initiates the games is evidence that Jim is his favorite golfing buddy.  I love that he loves my dad.  I cannot express how much that means to me.  But more importantly, I LOVE that my dad (well my entire family actually) love him.  I love them for treating him so well.  I wish I had taken a picture of them yesterday, they looked cute in their outfits.

4.  I love that football is back on our TV again on Sundays...  yep, we are a Sunday sports watching family...  that will never change.  I love hearing it.  With the exception of Faith Hill's stupid song at the beginning of Sunday Night Football....  Oh Faith, when is that contract up?  You're a pretty lady, but that song is DONE!!  I also love that our shows will start up again.  We love our shows.

5.  I think it is the coolest thing when my biggest baby comes and asks me to make him popcorn.  I almost never get my popcorn pan out anymore...  it is a gross, ugly pan and has popped many, many bowls of deliciousness over the past 20 years, but I have yet to find it's popping equal and so I keep it around for occasions such as this...  I love fresh popped popcorn with oil and melted butter especially with my son, who I love more than life...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I love your backyard too and I'm also very glad that you're here. I'm happy that you get to take a MINUTE every now and then for yourself and enjoy your new life and the things around you.

About Brayden....LOVE that boy! There's nothing like a firstborn grandson to make your day a happy one.

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

I am glad that you are here and that Russ was able to golf with dad and Raleigh on Saturday. He was supposed to go fishing, but had to be a dad first and take Lou to her first soccer game. He was sad he couldn't go fishing, so I was really happy that he was able to golf instead.
We are really jealous of your backyard. It is amazing! I would love to sit out there in the mornings. That just sounds heavenly.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Nothing better than home cooked fresh buttery yummy popcorn. Brilynn LOVES popcorn! When she was little my grandma used to call her, her little popcorn girl.
I'm so glad that you are doing so well and enjoying life and your new home and your awesome backyard! It looks like it is the perfect gathering place for family get togethers.