Tuesday, October 30, 2012

2. The Ward Party

Tonight was the Ward Halloween Party put on by the Young Men and Young Women.
And we'd been planning to attend all week, but when today approached things/life was happening in a chaotic fashion and as we were getting the kids dressed and two of them were crying and one was screaming... we looked at each other with exhausted faces and wondered if it was really worth it to go.
But, we spoke in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and now we are kindof a big deal, so we decided to run over and make an appearance.  It was really very fun and we were glad that we made the effort. 
When we were walking in Peyton says... "we are going to church in the dark?  What are we doing here?"  I said  "it's a fun party, they are going to paint on your face".  And she said  "I don't want paint on my face..."  So... I was surprised when she sat in the chair and selected her picture.  She is so sweet.
Kaleigh, on the other hand was afraid of the big boys in their scary costumes and she literally stood in the corner for 15 minutes
We were finally able to distract her with a little fishing
And brother would scream every time we took him away from Jesus...  I think they are friends.
Look how Ry is almost as tall a Kaleigh...  He will be taller than her in six months for sure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to get to the party. I remember when you were a little girl that Dad and I had that same experience...wondering if it was worth it...on many occasions. It IS worth it and you'll look back one day and you'll be happy that you made the effort. The kids look so cute and I bet everyone had a great time. What a fun idea to have the YM and YW host the party.