Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful......... November 13th

At the risk of sounding superficial in my quest to share my gratitude, I would not be completely grateful unless I shared my joy in a few products that bring me happiness on a daily basis.  I know it sounds ridiculous to be grateful for "things", but I really am and I almost can't imagine a day without them.  Everyone who really knows me, knows that these things are ME.  And if you are to love me, you love me with these items.

1.  Bath and Body Works Wild Honeysuckle Lotion.  I LOVE the smell.  I love the memories that flood through my mind when I smell it.  I love when I turn over in the bed and I can smell it under the sheets.  I love how soft it makes my skin.  I use it everyday. I spend a lot of money on a lot of bottles of it on a yearly basis.

2.  Bath and Body Works Lip Gloss.  I use my lip gloss at least 30 times a day.  I am NEVER without it.  Raleigh has a tube in his suit coat.  There is a tube in each car.  One in my purse.  One in my nightstand.  One in the bathroom.  Two in my desk drawer at work... you get the point.  I am at severe risk for collagen overload.  But, by golly, I will have kissable lips and minty fresh breath.  Again... A lot of dough is spent...


3.  It's not my first time expressing my love for my favorite beverage and NOT my last.  My favorite way to enjoy it is in a Styrofoam cup with extra ice and a straw.  I MUST have one every day.  I'm not addicted.  It just makes me happy to drink it.  The greatest part is, my husband shares my love as well.  When he drinks it, he says...  "Manna from Heaven, sweet nectar of life". I could not agree more.

4.  My phone.  I love it.  It is my communication with my Lover.  I can talk to him whenever I want at whatever time.  I can tell him anything.  I can send him pictures of what I am doing.  And of what he is missing.  I can receive pictures sent by him to me of the kids.  I can search the Internet if I have a question and receive an instant answer, no matter where I am.  I can listen to my favorite 80s song at any time of any day.  I can read my scriptures no matter where I am and the list goes on and on.


5.  Finally at the risk of disclosing incredibly embarrassing information about myself, I will say that I don't have a gall bladder which essentially makes me an unwilling bulimic, on a daily basis, in all times and in all places.  So imagine my pure joy and my insistence upon owning 7 bottles of this pure gold that my mom bought for me in Hawaii.  I am NOT going to go into the specifics of the function of the "one drop" product... that is for you to google and find out for yourselves.  But, this little bottle has brought me more joy than I could ever express.  And...  Ummmmmm..... Yeah.......

It's November 13th............ and I am thankful for guilty pleasures.

2 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

We all have things that we can not live without and that helps to make us the individuals that everyone loves:)

Your lip gloss thing, I totally am the exact same way! Along with your phone. I have a love/obsession for ice. As for your one-drop I have never heard of this before. However, after reading your post I looked it up and I think it this stuff looks like a MUST, especially for my Brilynn-who has some stomach issues! Thanks for sharing some of the things that make you the gal everyone loves!

Anonymous said...

You are one funny girl. But I know what you mean, there are just certain things that a girl has to have, I sure do have my favorites. It's the little things in life that bring us such joy, like a cold Diet Coke, it truly is Manna from Heaven.