We assured them that we were very desirous to have callings and to serve and we would deal with the extra responsibility well because we really wanted to feel a part of the ward and how better to do that than to serve the ward.
So, Brother Thomas says.... what callings would you like? Raleigh and I looked at each other and laughed. How could we be so bold as to presume that we would ever be able to choose our calling? But, what would it hurt to try? I said that I would like to teach and I didn't care where or what as long as it wasn't Primary. I was in Primary for six years. I am done with that for a while. And Raleigh said that he would be like to work with the youth.
On Sunday, we were called into the Bishop's office. And I was asked to teach the Course 14/15 Sunday School Class (Morgan's Class). And Raleigh was called as the Priests Quorum Advisor. The exact callings we would have given ourselves if we'd been allowed to choose.... oh wait.... we were. They were so kind to consider things like giving me a calling in the second block and giving Raleigh a calling in the third block, so that we could trade turns with the kids. And they are going to be very accommodating of Raleigh's crazy holiday schedule.
Raleigh has a particularly awesome responsibility as our Stake has a 92% success rate for getting boys on their missions. He has 18 active Priests that he has to help get prepared to put papers in immediately following graduation. YIKES.
We are so excited to get started. It's so nice to be in such a fabulous ward, who are so devoted to each other as well as their callings.
It's November 15th............. and I am Thankful for callings and the opportunity to serve.
2 comments:
Those are GREAT callings! You two will do fabulous!! Isn't it nice to be in a ward that is accepting and loving. It makes ALL the difference in the world.
You two will do awesome! It sounds like you have a great ward! I love how they listened to your wants and then put you there. How fantastic is that?!
Post a Comment