Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful........ November 29th

My mom took me to the Dicken's Festival in 2002.  And I was hooked!!  I love it.  And I loved it every year.  When Raleigh and I moved up North, I wasn't able to go and I had a hole in my heart.  But, today I was able to go again.  It is at the Dixie Center and you weave in and out of little booths of Christmas wares.  And each booth is decorated with lights and in Old London Style.  And the booth owners are dressed in costumes like they would wear in Oliver or A Christmas Carole.  We didn't buy anything.  And our Big Stroller filled with children was too big to stop anywhere even if we wanted to buy something.  We ate bread bowls filled with Chicken and Dumpling Soup and Raleigh had a delicious crepe. 

I am not sure what these creatures are but they meander through the walkways and scare the little children.


Look at the Grim Reaper with his hand on Morgan's head.

Then we stopped and visited with Santa. 


Here they are... Happy, Terrified and Completely Uncertain.  You can't please everyone..... every year ya know. 

Then we dropped all of the tired children off at home and Raleigh and I met Kami over at Jazzy's to watch Brayden's Band Perform.  They are a ska band called "The Citizens"  and they are really good and the crowd loved them.  And so did I. 
We had a really fun day enjoying all the things that our community has to offer. 

It's November 29..........  and I am Thankful for Traditions and Talented Children

2 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dickens Festival...by far the best event at the Dixie Center...other than the marathon EXPO of course :)
Ry looks DARLING in that picture with Santa.
And "The Citizens"...I was impressed. I am so excited to go to the next show and wear my skankin shoes. I was a little jealous that Jamie was out there and I just sat and watched in my high heels...what was thinking??

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I think I need to come up there one of these days and come to the Dickens Festival. Sounds like my kind of place!
Your littke kids look darling with Santa. You can almost know what each are thinking by just looking at their little faces. So sweet!
As for Brayden that is so cool! I'd love to come see his cool band!