9:00 Church BLOWS!!!!
Today was Peyton's first day in Sunbeams. She was the first to be ready. She was very excited to go to "Church School." She sat on the couch and listened to her songs while the rest of us got ready.
Every one will be happy to know that we were in our seats before the opening song was over.
We kept talking to her all through Sacrament Meeting about Primary and how fun it was going to be.
She was excited all the way until we reached the Primary Room Door and then she fell apart. She was sobbing before she got to the front row. Her teacher is really sweet and she had colored pipe cleaners and all the other children were bending and shaping them into animal shapes. With smiles on their faces. But my shy, quiet Sunbeam couldn't even choose her favorite color. I took a green one and made a heart shape on her wrist and I said
"Here is Mama's heart. I will be with you while you are in your Church School."
But she wasn't listening to me. She was quietly wrenching with red splotchy eyes and lots and lots of tears. She kept turning back to look at Raleigh who was holding KK and Ryker by the back door.
"Please let me go with Dad and KK." she begged.
I wanted to sit with her until she calmed down... but I teach Sunday School and so I literally had to leave her with her poor teacher. Raleigh and Kaleigh and Ryker could have stayed with her, but what a disaster that would have been. So we abandoned her. Or at least that is how she felt and we all went to our classes.
I stopped in to check with the presidency at the break and they told me that she had calmed down and she was in class. So I went to Relief Society. I was in there for a half hour and I could see the 1st counselor's face in the window looking for a mom. When she spotted ME she waved and told me to come out.
I found her holding my baby girl who looked like she'd been crying for 2 hours... I think she had. She was sputtering and she launched herself into my arms when she saw me and practically choked me out she was holding on so tight. I took her to the couch in the foyer and asked her why she was so scared and why she was crying. She said...
"I don't like that Grandma."
OH NO...... Her new Primary Teacher is her OLD nursery leader. She doesn't like "grandma's" because of poor Sister Anderson. I don't know why she doesn't like her, I don't know what she did, but she doesn't "like that grandma at all."
So I was thinking of my cute girl in Sunbeams and I was so UP about it...
And then.... BOOM! I was down.... so down.
I am so sad that she is so scared at church
I am so sad that she is so scared at church
Allie left today. It's her turn to go live with Eric for a couple of months. She is excited. She has her own room and her own bathroom. And she is going to the "Mormon School." I am falling apart. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up crying. I cried all day long. My eyes are swollen shut. And I have a gigantic headache. I've done this twice before. But this is a little different than before. Actually, it's a lot different and I am really not handling it very well. It was probably the hardest thing I have ever done, saying good-bye to her. And I don't think I will get over it for a while. I sent her a text today and asked her how she was doing and she said "I'm Great!" and I said... "Okay, if you're great, then I'm great." What a huge lie.
What a super crappy day
One thing that I am happy about is tonight is the first night of the 3rd Season of Downton Abbey. I made delicious Cafe Rio Pork for dinner to celebrate. I have been waiting for exactly ONE year for this day. I am so full of anticipation. My mom cheated and has been researching the Season and she knows ALL the spoilers. But I don't want to know one thing. I want every thing to be a complete surprise. I am beyond excited. It will bring a smile to my face.
It's so sad that something so completely shallow and superficial will help me feel the UPNESS of this day. But I have every confidence. Mary and Mathew and even poor homely Edith will bring me happiness every Sunday evening for the next couple months. I cannot believe how long I have had to wait.
Hooray for spectacular television enjoyed with a diet coke
5 comments:
So sad. I feel so sad for Peyton and for you. I am sad Allie is gone for a few months. We will miss her in our home. Hopefully, it will just be for a short time.
Oh no. Sorry primary was a sad experience. I wish she was in my ward and could be with Lucy since have is my only sunbeam! We would not have let her cry for two hours. That's just wrong. Hopefully she will feel safe and happy there soon.
So happy downton is back too. I told Matt I wish we would have only watched an hour so we could have watched the next hour the next day. It's so good.
Keep your chin up. Hope the time Allie is away will fly by.
My heart is breaking...on so many levels. I sure do wish Peyton was happier in Primary AND I wish I knew about this "grandma" teacher...there has to be a story there. I will miss Allie but I think this will be good for everyone. I LOVED Downton Abbey...it was soooooo good! My favorite part was Matthew's visit to Mary's bedroom and their conversation through the door. I love them and you. Hang in there, this will get better.
P.S. Have you tried Diet Coke in the new little plastic bottles? It tastes so much better (if that's even possible) in those great little bottles. They cost more but so worth it. DA and DC what a wonderful Sunday night tradition.
Oh my goodness! I missed this post last week. My heart was just breaking reading this post for so many reasons! First off your primary story about Peyton reminded me of Brilynn when she went to primary and to kindergarten and actually just about every major event in the first 12 years of her life and even still now:) I think it's because they are just such sweet little spirits. I'm sorry about this mean grandma teacher. That is really odd, there's got to be a story there.
Now about Allie. My heart was breaking for you as I read this post. But just like with your other two girls-this will work out. Remember to put your trust and faith in the Lord and be thankful that none of your little ones will ever go away to live with their father, cause Raleigh is right there with you forever!
I hope things are looking a little brighter now than they did last week. I also hope you are enjoying you show. I have got to watch the first two seasons so I can get into this show with all of you!
Take care. My prayers are with you!
Post a Comment