Monday, January 28, 2013

Injuries, mishaps and crafts--- OH MY

When you have SEVEN
You have EVERYTHING!!

And by that I mean....
problems/challenges/experiences/craziness

On Monday, Morgan called me at work hysterical and frantic because Peyton had swallowed a penny.
It's not like that's never happened before.  But it's been a while.  I just laughed because she was in such babysitter distress and I tried to calm her down by telling her not to worry because it would come out in her poop. And if I remember correctly she, herself swallowed a nickle and she was still alive.  BUT, she was SO bothered by my lackadaisical approach to parenting. 
 "Mom!!!!"  she stressed  "I don't think you heard me, it's a PENNY.  She could DIE!!"
"Give her a piece of bread"
"(silence).......................WHAT???!!!!!!!  Have you lost your mind?  Why would I give her bread?"
"It will push the penny down."
........................ (silence)..................And then she hung up on me and called Raleigh.
Okay..... super annoying.....when he gave her the same answer
And she was forced to naturally draw the conclusion that she is the "only person who even cares about these children in this whole family."

On Tuesday, Brayden had to go to a doctor's appointment for his daily migraines.  I purposely made the appointment for 11:20, so he could go on his lunch break.  He sent me texts saying things like (and I'm NOT joking)...
1.  where is this place?
2.  where is the office?
3.  Where is the directory telling me where his office is?
4.  I'm in the waiting room, where should I go now?
5.  What do I say to the doctor?

I will NEVER not go with him again
I was exhausted.  I sure do love him.
He is my FAVORITE 18 year old!!!!

That night his band won Battle of the Bands for their school.  
And they also got to play on the radio.
Now, they move onto Regionals.  Battling against all the other schools.
They are a good group of boys.

On Wednesday, poor Ryker fell down the stairs.
Well, he was three from the bottom (before the visual gets overwhelming)
and of course, he landed on his big ole head
because it's so big and makes him top heavy.
It took .67 seconds for a lump the size of a golf ball to appear.
Not like THIS has never happened before.  He displayed no signs of trauma other than the sick protrusion.
Until............
Saturday Morning when the hard bump became a soft, squishy, spongy mound of sickness.
Now, it was me that was hysterical.  He has head issues, you know.
Three doctor's opinions later............
The diagnosis is........
blood has collected there and we must patiently wait for it to disperse. 
How Gross. 

Quincey went on a date with a boy that she has liked for "OVER TWO MONTHS now OMG"
And when he drove up, Raleigh and I were in the garage working on projects.  And the poor kid couldn't figure out which house was ours, and we live on a cul-de-sac and so he drove around and then he drove around again and then...... shoot...... he drove around again.  He finally got out and came walking up timidly....
"Um, is Quincey here?"
And Raleigh says....  "hey, Buddy" as he is shaking his hand, "it's a pretty nice circle huh, did you like the way it looked?"
I felt so bad for the kid.
So, when they left, I said
 "you embarrassed him so much." 
And he said
"that's the dad's job.  The dads did it to me and now it's my turn.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

And finally, I mentioned projects...
Raleigh asked me to plan our Saturday activities.
And I chose to make home decor
and because I am the luckiest wife alive, he totally jumped on board.
Our day included a trip to home depot.
Wood cutting.
Sanding.
Drilling.
Painting. 

Here is a very small part of our accomplishments.
More pictures to come.

I'm sure it was the single worst day of his life.
But, he is the greatest for indulging me.

We ended our week with one of the best Stake Conferences I have ever attended.  
I was on the verge of tears for nearly the entire two hours.
Everything that was said was exactly what I needed to hear.

Not a bad week......
Considering!!

PS...  Lady Sybil DIED??????????   You've got to be kidding me!!!

5 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

ok...first why wasn't I invited to Battle of the Bands?
SECOND...my heart is still sick over Sybil! I can hardly think about it.

Now on to the more important items...sorry about Boy's head...that is so sad. I hope he is doing ok. And poor Pey...are you keeping an eye out for that penny?? YUCK!
Hope Q's date went well...it will be a long few year of nervous boys coming to pick her up. How FUN!

val said...

A huge lol on this post. Brayden at the dr is super funny. And Morgan hanging up on you to call the more responsible parent and getting the same response. Lol. And Sybil...no! Take Thomas instead!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Hahaha! That is too funny. I am sitting at work and totally laughing out loud...how embarassing. I just had a similar experience with Garrett calling the rec center to schedule a racquetball court. He was on the phone following me around saying, "They say they have an opening between 8 and 10. What should I tell them?", "They want to know how many people will be playing, what should I say?" I was about ready to kill myself before he got off the phone!!! And the story about Quin's date. My hands are all sweaty just reading your post. I hope he will ask her out again, despite the mean dad. Too funny. Poor brother and Pey. I hope they live to see their next birthday. Hahaha. Never a dull moment in your house.

Anonymous said...

Honestly Kac, you write so much better than you talk. How could I be on the phone with you for 2 hours on Saturday and NOT hear about all of these things?? Well actually (for those reading this) I did hear about a couple of them. Peyton told me about swallowing a penny and I thought she had heard about someone doing that on TV. I think my response to her may have scared her to death because I never dreamed SHE had really swallowed a penny. (It's a good thing Morgan didn't call me because 2 hysterical people is never a good thing!!) Also, I'm trying to figure out what you're making, it looks cute but where is it going? And about Boy's head...I can see the bump but I'm not about to touch it, so I guess we'll just have to depend on Raleigh to keep us posted on how it's doing...hehehe.

I know, so sad about Lady Sybil. Fortunately I had read the spoiler about it and knew she was going to die, otherwise I would have been sobbing my eyes out but because I was prepared it didn't seem so tragic. I thought she did a really good job of dying, however. It seemed pretty real.

Well, keep up the good work on getting those children raised. It will be interesting to watch how it all turns out!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Cute picture of Brayden with his band. I thought they sounded good on the radio last night. They really need to decide on their name, however, they seemed vague on what they call themselves.