Sunday, February 3, 2013

Some weeks are more exciting than others...

On Tuesday, we worked on our projects again.
Well, Raleigh did most of the work.
I helped a little bit... but mostly I watched
I held the 2X4s while he cut them

 And I took care of the kids
 

I can't wait until they are all done.





 On Wednesday, Quincey crashed my car into the back of an 82 year old man's car on St. George Blvd.  Claiming "the breaks quit working".  I have never experienced this phenomenon in all my time driving the car.  But, we will give her the benefit of the doubt.  We won't assume that she was following too closely or anything.  We also will not assume that she is telling the truth when she says  "it is just a scratch."  I sure hope she gets that job this week.  Her first 12 or 15 paychecks are going straight to ME.





On Thursday Night at exactly 2:20am, we were awakened to squealing and giggling and Raleigh shot out of bed to run out to quiet two little girls who thought it would be fun to get out of their beds and turn on Dora and run around and roll on the floor.  "What are you two doing?" he asked in his most stern dad voice.  "We can't sleep."  came the reply.   "Well, keep it down, if you wake up Brother, you will be in huge trouble."

When I left for work, I found them cuddled up next to each other on the couch.  They had finally given up.



 I ran to the mall to buy some more of my favorite lotion and to my utter disappointment, Bath and Body Works has decided not to sell it anymore.  I came home on the verge of total depression and expressed my sorrow to The Love of my Life.
 
"Sorry, Sweetness"  he said.  "I wish I could fix it for you."
Well, unbeknownst to me he jumped on line and found a few bottles for me and had them shipped to the house. 
 
"It's no big deal" he said "they were only $3 a bottle"
It IS a big deal.... it's a very big deal because
this means he really loves me
 
On Saturday, we got to go watch Raleigh at softball practice.  He is playing on MY work team.  They needed a third baseman who could hit and I volunteered him.  His first practice swing sent the ball sailing over the fence.  They play two games every Wednesday night.  I am so excited that it is starting up again.  I love those nights.
 
 
 
                      


  Brother ran around the ball park for nearly two hours and got really tired.  He tried so hard to get at least one nugget eaten before he tuckered out, but no dice..


 Saturday Night, we went to our Monthly Temple Night.  Two months ago we did sealings.  Last month we did inititories and so it's been a while since we've done a session.  It was really fun.



 We always try to go to dinner or at the very least get a treat afterwards.
Wingers made us happy last night.

Sunday was a beautiful day and we enjoyed some time in the back yard.
Brother jumped on the tramp for a good half hour
 
 Then we went over to Papa and Nana's for the Superbowl party.



Today is Kori's birthday and Garrett's is on Thursday so we celebrated both.


And Peyton, who can't stay dressed for 20 minutes striped down to her skivies.
 And of course we finished the week
With Downton Abbey, episode 5
Pheeeewwwwwwww.  We're tired.
 

5 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Busy week...a lot of fun though.
Cute pictures of Boy. He is so darling.

Anonymous said...

Yes, this was an exciting week. I'm sad about Quin's accident but I guess it was just a matter of time. I hope she's done with that! Cute pictures of Ryker...he is such a boy and will be a good athlete I'm sure. I'm anxious to see your finished project...whatever it is???

Anonymous said...

P.S. I thought the Super Bowl/Birthday Party was a fun time. Glad you could all be there.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

What a very busy fun week! It looks like it was a lot of fun, minus the little fender bender that Q had. But hey...it happens. I wish we lived closer so we could get in on all the fun!

Lindsay Kehl said...

Kaci- I love reading your blog! I pretty much check your's and Val's weekly:)You guys are all just too cute. So funny that Ryker fell asleep eating that nugget. Great Pic. And what the Raleigh buying all that lotion?! He is totally the bomb! You guys inspire me. Thanks!