The second half of our week was just as exciting as the first half.
We still had an overabundance of children.... and eating.
Wednesday was Morgan's birthday.
I was once again riddled with guilt because I was working all day and wasn't there to make it a fun day. I purchased a cake and some really fun gifts including a set of antique suitcases that she had been asking for, for a long time. I found them at Passport... (along with a lot of things that I liked as well.)
I felt guilty up until her party began.
I got everything out to celebrate.
Papa and Nana came over to eat cake with us
I started taking pictures. I took several of the little girls. I tried to get the friends together for a group shot, but before that happened I took this photo and......
30 seconds later.....
Dr. Jekyll turned into Mr. Hyde
I am not sure what happened, but indescribable behavior occurred.....the birthday celebration abruptly ended..... and BOOM!!!
MY GUILT WAS GONE!!!
And I haven't spoken to her since.
Lesson learned: NO MORE FRIENDS AT OUR HOUSE-- EVER!!!
Brayden continued sending me photos from California
He was having a good time as long as he wasn't driving.
The freeways and not having a clue where he was really stressed him out.
Brayden continued sending me photos from California
He was having a good time as long as he wasn't driving.
The freeways and not having a clue where he was really stressed him out.
I am very happy to report, they arrived home safely last night
and I don't think road trips are his thing.
He is a "stay at home kid" I'm afraid
As the weekend approached, Raleigh and I decided that WE needed a break from the chaos and so we headed down to Vegas.
Raleigh, as always found a smoking deal online.
We stayed at the Palazzo, next to the Venitian.
He also did his famous "sandwich trick" and negotiated an upgrade to a better suite, a strip view, with 10 free soft drinks, and a late check out.
Our room was GORGEOUS!!
Here was the view at night
And in the morning
The pool down below
Then we got all cleaned up and headed for the Strip
The kids LOVED the Dancing Waters at the Bellagio
But HATED the Volcano
And all went perfectly fine until I realized an hour after we'd left that I had forgotten my wallet and wedding ring in the safe in our room.
Luckily for us, Kori and Russ were in Vegas for Grant's Lacrosse game.
And after 3 hours of rigorous beggings and pleadings, the Casino Security FINALLY gave in and allowed them to pick up my wallet for me.
And that was our week...
Glad it's over.
I LOVE school and when kids go to school
and I don't think road trips are his thing.
He is a "stay at home kid" I'm afraid
As the weekend approached, Raleigh and I decided that WE needed a break from the chaos and so we headed down to Vegas.
Raleigh, as always found a smoking deal online.
We stayed at the Palazzo, next to the Venitian.
He also did his famous "sandwich trick" and negotiated an upgrade to a better suite, a strip view, with 10 free soft drinks, and a late check out.
Our room was GORGEOUS!!
And in the morning
The pool down below
Then we got all cleaned up and headed for the Strip
The kids LOVED the Dancing Waters at the Bellagio
But HATED the Volcano
And all went perfectly fine until I realized an hour after we'd left that I had forgotten my wallet and wedding ring in the safe in our room.
Luckily for us, Kori and Russ were in Vegas for Grant's Lacrosse game.
And after 3 hours of rigorous beggings and pleadings, the Casino Security FINALLY gave in and allowed them to pick up my wallet for me.
And that was our week...
Glad it's over.
I LOVE school and when kids go to school


5 comments:
No comment about Morgan's birthday party except to say that you were very kind in your description of her behavior.
I'm so glad that Brayden is home but I'm also very proud of him for venturing out on his own. What a great experience for him! He sent me some cute pictures of himself and answered every text I sent him...what a good boy!!
The Vegas trip looks fabulous. WOW...what a beautiful room...that Raleigh, how does he come up with this stuff?? I've got to get him working on Disneyland tickets for us this summer, I'm sure he can figure out a way to get in for FREE. I think it was so brave of you to take all 3 little kids with you on your getaway, but then, they really are good kids and soooooo cute!!
I'm glad Spring Break is over. I like routine and order and everyone being home in their "right" places. I'm especially glad that you get to send those 14 year old girls back home!!
Wow, what a week. We are SO boring in our house. That's what we get for having kids that play sports. Your Vegas trip looks so fun. I am sure the kids had such a good time. I am also glad that Super George, security officer of the year, finally allowed me to pick up your wallet. He was very thorough and serious about his job, that is for sure. I am glad that Brayden made it home safely. He was super funny when he was telling about his trip. Sounds like they got to do some great things, like eat at Miguels. I could sure go for some Miguels myself.
Well bless your heart, that sounds like one h**l of a spring break! I'm so glad that you got to go to Vegas and enjoy a little Spring Break fun yourself-you deserve it to say the least! Anna Graceman was performing at your hotel. Do you know who that is? She's 13 years old and was on America's Got Talent and she's in our ward. Such an amazing little gal. I was curious if you heard anything about her. Oh and your hotel was gorgeous. I think I need Raleigh's help with getting us some freebies! That's awesome!
I'm so glad Brayden is back home safe and I too am proud of him for having the courage to venture out on that little road trip. And I'm proud of the way you let him spread his wings and fly. Man is this parenting thing rough and I sure struggle on when to stop something and when to let things go because it's not worth it. I'm also glad you got rid of all those extra girls! Your amazing and don't forget it!
I bet you are THRILLED the break is over! Sounds "eventful". Glad you were able to get away for a little bit and enjoy the three children who are not teenagers yet!
i'm a little jealous of Brays trip...looks relaxing and delightful! I miss the beach.
Glad you were able to get your precious items back...that would have been awful.
Happy back to reality day...kids in school...back to work and normality (whatever that means)
I just want to let you know as they grow older the story will change and the party will be ALL your fault! Just prepping you :) We get free rooms at Palazzo and go way too often. I love the pools, the tub, the spa and the Grand Lux! You guys are the most adventurous family to do it all with three little ones. Again you amaze me. Hoping your new week is a bit more calm
Post a Comment