Saturday, March 23, 2013

Updating...

We are very near the end of our March projects.
We have most things completed and put up and I like the results



This is Raleigh's workbench.  It will look better as soon as I clear all my stuff off and he tidies it up a bit.  I think it will be so nice when every thing is organized and hung up for easy access.
No more searching forever for a hammer

We had a lot of fun putting this together. 
We built the shutters first because they were so easy.
Then we bought the shelf at Michael's with a 50% off coupon.  It was just a basic plain shelf, very boring.
We added a 2X4 and that created the lower part and put fake drawer fronts on it with black knobs.
And all of the decor was stuff I just had laying around.
We are waiting for our pictures to be ready to go in the frames.  But our kitchen project turned out pretty cute.  I like how it looks.  And the WHOLE thing cost us $30.00.  You can't beat that!!

  

We are loving Kaleigh's long hair.  She is good for the most part to sit still and let me play with it.  Morgan is way more patient than I am and she will sit and curl it for me.  
What a pretty girl she is.  
She loves to be pretty and wear "neckesses" and skirts.  She is very different from Peyton.  It's fun.
She LOVES her "boket" (her blanket with swiss dots on it that she runs her hand over when she is falling asleep



It was time to upgrade our laptop.  We do that.....  Upgrade.
Well........ I don't
But the technical one of us does.
I couldn't find the laptop anywhere on Thursday.
I searched in every kid's room but it was no where.
When Raleigh came home that night, he had his backpack over his shoulder, which means one of two things.
1.  Our laptop needed some repair, so he took it to the Geek Squad
or
2.  He found some sort of hot deal and he had replaced our old laptop with a new one and made money on the transaction.

Which was the case.

We've never had a Mac before.

It's confusing.
.......................................................................................................................................
Finally
I don't think I have mentioned this yet , but

I LOVE MY JOB!!

I wasn't sure at first, but I really, really love it now that I am starting to figure things out.
I love the people that I get to work with and we have a really good time every day.

The time flies by because we are so busy.  And I love that.

Anyway...

on Friday night, we had a party.
And it was a very fun night.  
My boss has all sorts of connections, I am finding out, including a brother in law who manages several vacation properties here in town.  So we rented an upscale home out in Coral Canyon and had a very nice evening in a beautiful home.
He treated us to a delicious meal from Buca de Beppo
and then the fun began

He had several envelopes filled with various prizes and he would ask us questions and whomever answered the question correctly, got an envelope filled with money and gift cards to various restaurants.

And we all started raking in the goods

Then we moved over to the table in the kitchen to play Left Center Right
You play with $1 bills and you roll dice and you have to pass your bills around until all the money is in the center and the person with the last bill on the table is the winner and they get the pot.

Only my boss kept secretly exchanging the $1 bills for $20s and $50s and before we knew it the pot was out of control

And RALEIGH won!!!

It was by far the best party I have ever been to




And..............
I have been racked with guilt ever since that we walked away with this much money.
And I am contemplating taking it back, although I know he won't take it.

 I was hoping to solicit some thoughts on this subject.  It's a moral dilemma.
But, dang it, we never win.
And by "we" I mean "I" never win anything.  And technically, I didn't win tonight either.  The Lucky One did.   I will use it to get the air conditioner fixed in our car before the summer arrives.

If you all decide it's alright for me to keep it, that is...
comment a thought to me... if you don't mind.
Especially all of you who visit from Megan's blog...  I'd sure like to get to know all of you!!

Let's all think Spring!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT post...of course, I LOVE everything! I love all the new decor and for those who just read your blog, I've seen it all in person and it's even cuter! You and Raleigh make a good team...you come up with the creative ideas and then Raleigh makes them come to life.

That KK is just about the cutest thing on the planet, I too, LOVE her long hair. She's not very good about letting me comb/style it though. She says "it hurts", I try to be gentle but she's still kinda wiggly. It sure looks cute in these pictures.

WOW!!! What a party! Raleigh is just the right person to take along, that's for sure. I'm beginning to really believe the whole "Lucky One" thing. I hope his luck lasts forever!

I'm certainly "thinking" Spring. I clipped some branches with blossoms off a tree in our yard today and brought them inside. They look so cute and "Springy". I LOVE Spring....it just makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Art Festival next week...can't wait!

val said...

Wahoo on that party. And $$!! Lucky winners. Suweeet.

The Barton's said...

Lol it was meant to be won! Congrats! Sounds like an employer who knows how important his employees are and how to show appreciation!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Love how the project turned out! So way cute and little KK's hair is darling! I love it! I miss little ones. I just said to Brian this morning that I don't think I enjoyed our kids enough when they were little. I think I spent to much time just trying to make it through the days and not of enough time just enjoying them!

Now about your party....that sounds like so much fun and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about taking the winnings. Hey...the boss dis it because he wanted to. If he didn't want to he didn't have to! Just look at like a bonus and enjoy it!

As for spring. I love spring-it just doesn't last long enough here and then before to long it's in the 90's and then watch out it's in the 100's and then it will be staying for the next 5-6 months-yuck!

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Seriously, Raleigh is the luckiest person I have ever met! That is amazing! Kaleigh looks absolutely darling with her curls. She is soooo cute. Your home decor looks darling, even cuter in real life.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I agree with Kor...holy cow. That is LUCK! Maybe I need to rub his head or something??
I am loving the home docorating. super cute idea with the shutters. It is all coming together so perfect.
KK's hair is darling...but of course it is...with that face she could pull of anything...but the long curls are where its at. Just when I think she couldn't get any cuter...she does. Oh how I adore that girl.