Saturday, June 15, 2013

Do Your Best

President Hinckley used to always say "Do your best".  And I used to think:  Well, I can do that.  I can at the very least, do my best.  I am not going to beat myself up any longer if I am really doing my best.  It's not someone else's best, it's MY best.  

Well today I...
1.  Ate one of my children's soggy crackers off of my shirt and actually enjoyed it.  And wished I had another.
2.  Watched Rapunzel for the 736th time.  And took pride in the fact that I have almost all of the songs memorized
3.  Washed the couch cushions for the second time in one day.  And I have a really big couch.
4.  Considered the mascara residue from last night, today's eye liner.
5.  Went to Walmart in my pajamas.
6.  Washed the same dishwasher load three times because I had forgotten (twice) that I had already done this load.
7.  Took a water pill and considered that my work out plan for the day.
8.  Called Quincey, who was in her bedroom, on her cel phone, from my bedroom and asked her to come to my room and stop by the kitchen on the way and grab me a diet coke.  I didn't have anything to say to her... I just used her to support my habit.
9.  Used the power nozzle from my kitchen sink to power wash the kitchen floor.
10.  Crawled into a wet bed and was too tired to check or care what the wetness was.

It's my best.  I'm doin' my best.
And I will own it. 
I'm just hoping that next year, my best, will be a little classier. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great day you are having on your 5th anniversary! Who could ask for more. "Your Best" means different things to different people and that's the beauty of it. I love Pres. Hinckley and I love you too. Happy BIG FIVE Anniversary!