Nearly every single client that I spoke with verbally slit my throat. I don't know how I managed to keep calm. It's like I think I subconsciously go to a happy place in my mind until they were finished beating me with their words and then I would snap out of my trance and assure them that I will completely stop my entire life and focus 100% of my attention to fixing their problem because it is the most important thing that I have ever done in my whole existence..... fixing their meaningless problems. Unfortunately at around 4:19 pm on Friday, I had had it. And the poor, unfortunate soul who happened to be the Jack A that was talking to me at that exact moment that I lost my mind..... became the victim of my temporary insanity. I opened up a can on him that he will not soon forget. My boss said later that he thought the guy was going to start crying. And instead of feeling a sense of relief and satisfaction, I have been wracked with unspeakable guilt all weekend.
Poor skinny man with poorly placed tattoos of unthought out randomness. (what man in his right mind would ever pay someone to permanently garnish his collarbone with a character from Lord of the Rings or maybe it was from some ridiculous video game is beyond me) but his whimpy exterior, that he tried to hide with tough tattoos and big, unkind words is forever ingrained in my mind. I feel so bad that I yelled at him and said those things about his mother.
Just kidding, I didn't say anything about his mother.....until after he got into his car.
Then.......
I got pulled over on the way home for going 43 in a 40. First of all, why would the speed limit ever be 40? I could practically run that fast, if I were a runner. And why would any law enforcement A-hole for lack of a better word, embarrass himself by saying something in essence of......
"do you know why I flipped around when I passed you and pulled you over on this extremely busy street?
You were going 43 in a 40.
And see this badge here, I earned it by running the mile in 9 minutes flat and climbing up a cargo net in my big police boots really fast. And because I was a complete loser in high school, I decided to pursue police work, so that I can do really cool things like turn on my red and blue lights and force you to submit to me by pulling over and then I walk really slowly up to your car and condescend you and then I DON'T TICKET YOU.... cuz you're purdy."
You were going 43 in a 40.
And see this badge here, I earned it by running the mile in 9 minutes flat and climbing up a cargo net in my big police boots really fast. And because I was a complete loser in high school, I decided to pursue police work, so that I can do really cool things like turn on my red and blue lights and force you to submit to me by pulling over and then I walk really slowly up to your car and condescend you and then I DON'T TICKET YOU.... cuz you're purdy."
Just kidding, he didn't tell me I was purdy. I just made that part up. (Even though I HAD just coincidently applied lip gloss). I just can't figure out why he would bother wasting BOTH of our time and NOT PUNISH ME? If he is SO COOL? I am not complaining for sure. But c'mon. I'm pretty sure some of the people that drove by were people I knew and they saw me. And they probably fabricated the reason why I got pulled over and I am sure none of them thought.... "I bet she wasn't breking the law, I bet that police officer just pulled her over for almost NO REASON AT ALL"
Which was essentially the truth.
Which was essentially the truth.
What a crappy way to end a crappy week.
I really want to move to the island that Tom Hanks lived on in Cast Away and talk to no one but a volleyball for a few weeks.
That's not completely unreasonable.
However, since I can't currently afford airfare to the island I decided to have a good weekend instead.
You will notice ALL SEVEN children joined us. For the first time in forever. We didn't even have enough seats for everyone. Officer Morritz would be SO appalled that we were so unsafe in our vehicle.
Our delicious and beautiful foil dinners
Morgan and Brother ate Watermelon right out of the bowl
While every one else played group games
And climbed trees
And Raleigh made Dutch Oven Apple Cobbler
Almost ready.....
The final product
Then we put the kids in the back of Papa's truck because we were all tired of worrying about them.
Brother kept going into the street. One time Savanna found him laying in the middle of the road
Then Papa kept track of Kaleigh
And Brayden took care of Brother.... for about 37 seconds
Then we took a bunch of silly pictures
#Losers
Headed straight for the Special Olympics
Gold Medalist in Picnic Table Balancing
Nana said.... "here, take a nice photo of me, so you won't miss me when I am gone."
However, since I can't currently afford airfare to the island I decided to have a good weekend instead.
Raleigh was off on Friday. That is very rare. We should have planned a hot date, but I was not in the mood since I was beaten and downtrodden, so we packed the kiddies up in the car and drove through a drive through and made a pit stop by SWIG and sat in the backyard all night. I even got cold and had to go put on a sweatshirt. It was a nice night.
Then on Saturday, the whole family went to Pine Valley. We told Peyton that we were going camping, since she's been asking us if she can go. This is as close to camping as I will EVER get.
You will notice ALL SEVEN children joined us. For the first time in forever. We didn't even have enough seats for everyone. Officer Morritz would be SO appalled that we were so unsafe in our vehicle.
Our delicious and beautiful foil dinners
Morgan and Brother ate Watermelon right out of the bowl
While every one else played group games
And climbed trees
And Raleigh made Dutch Oven Apple Cobbler
Almost ready.....
The final product
Then we put the kids in the back of Papa's truck because we were all tired of worrying about them.
Brother kept going into the street. One time Savanna found him laying in the middle of the road
Then Papa kept track of Kaleigh
And Brayden took care of Brother.... for about 37 seconds
Then we took a bunch of silly pictures
#Losers
Headed straight for the Special Olympics
Gold Medalist in Picnic Table Balancing
Nana said.... "here, take a nice photo of me, so you won't miss me when I am gone."
And then we managed to get 10 of 12 grandchildren in one centralized location for a group photo.
I am so glad we had a nice, relaxing weekend mixed with a little fun and family.
Just what I needed to get me geared up to get through another week.


6 comments:
Man you got my blood boiling about rude people. I get yelled at and have to argue with people about all sorts of things at work. Sometimes I think I do not have the energy for this garbage! Then your little story about the police officer...ERRRR..... Ya know I think that they stop us and then "let us off with a warning" just to try to show their power to us. They think, see I am holding all the power here, I can give you a ticket but because I'm a nice guy and your hot I'll be nice but just remember I held the power. Jerks! That stuff makes me so mad!
On a happier note...your Pine Valley get away fun looks like it was lovely! I think I need a little get away,I think your idea of going to the island Tom Hanks was on and just talk to Wilson the volleyball sounds like a genius idea!
I also wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on our blog. Especially on our last post. Thank you again!
Take Care,
JoLynn
Sorry for the emotionally exhausting week...however Pine Valley was such a nice little trip to forget reality for a few hours. I need to hang out up there more often...and yet here I sit in front of my computer at work...feeling stressed and NOT looking forward to another work week.
What I said was..."take a picture of me because you're going to miss me when I'm gone and then you'll have something to remember me by" or something like that, but definitely not what you said! Pine Valley was fun, such a great family tradition. Maybe we can go again before the summer is over. Thanks for coming and supplying HALF of the family...hehehe
I'm sorry you had a crap week. To be honest that is the reason why I HATED that job. I hope you are having a better week this week.
Super cute pictures! It was a fun night. I am glad that ALL of your family was there to party with us. It is always fun to hang out with the older kids too.
Sorry you had a bad week at work. Must be something in the work air because it is going around at mine as well.
Hi Kac... loved your post and your mom's comment... I laughed SOOOOO hard! ("half the family" LOL... that's the kind of thing my dad says to me.) Love you!!
Post a Comment