Brayden got a Seasonal job that ends the week he leaves. I was not pushing for or even wanting him to work, but all of his buddies are working there and he thought it would be fun and he could buy a sweet suit with his dough. It's a good plan. He also watched Tangled 10 or 12 times and kept talking about it saying things like
"this part gets me, every time."
I said "Brayden are you gay?"
Then he divulged to me that he has had a girlfriend for over 2 months now.
I said "why haven't you brought her over?"
And he said "because Raleigh will tell her I get teary when I watch Tangled."
I said "has she smelled you or been in your sick, stinky car?"
He said "yep"
I said "what does she think of your hair?" (Brayden has ridiculous hair that he wears in a style called a pompadour made famous by Elvis
He said "the hair is a bonus. I let her touch it for free."
Oh geez... poor girl. She obviously has impaired olfactory glands and may be severely far sighted.
Truthfully, I checked her out on Facebook and I about fell over when I saw her... she's darling.
Quincey got hired at Great Harvest Bread Co. She got a call back for an interview while she was driving up to Girls camp. He told her to come in on Saturday when she got back. When she went in, he told her he was hiring her because she went to camp and he wants staff members who commit to unpleasant things like that because it will make them better people. Such a nice man. She brought home a box filled with sugar cookies, scones, cinnamon rolls and orange rolls. JUST GREAT for the mom who is 5 pounds over weight.
Morgan went to Girls Camp and came home changed. At first, I thought she was kidding (like mocking me) while she was telling me what a spiritual experience it was and what a monumentally fabulous time she had. I kept saying.... "come on, Morgan be serious." Then she kind of got teary and I knew she was speaking truthfully. She LOVED it and got out of it what every leader hopes and works for.
Allie stepped it up and babysat overtime while the girls were gone. And not only did she babysit, she cleaned and diapered and gave baths. I was very happy when I got home on her days, the house nearly looked the same as it did when I left. What a refreshing surprise.
Peyton got a sliver in her foot and she came hobbling in crying hysterically saying "ooooohhhhhhhh.... I have a BRANCH in my foot." She is also wildly planning her birthday party. She is inviting all of her "COUSINTS" and we are going to have a "PIATA" with lots of candy inside. She is so funny. She talks like an adult except when she throws in an incorrect word and we have to keep a straight face and not laugh or she gets really offended. The other day I heard Allie yelling at her, she was saying
"Pete, Eric is so mad at you. You bought $30 worth of games on my Kindle and it charged them to Eric's account." Peyton says "I just feel so bad, that Eric is angry at you, Allie." Allie said "he's not mad at me, he's mad at you." And she said "well, he should never be mad at ME, you're his daughter." She is so smart.
Kaleigh got to go to the theater for the first time to see a movie. We saw Despicable Me 2. It was cute, but a tiny bit naughty in a couple of parts. Good thing the humor went over their heads. I liked the first one better. But she was really cute. She yelled "there is Mr. Gru" and then she whispered to me
"I totally love popcorn"
Ryker had a low key week. He's happy if he has a ball in his hand. We still continue to be confused as to which hand is his dominant. He kicks left footed. He colors left handed. He throws right. He's a switch hitter. And he navigates the iPad completely left handed. Ughhhhhhhh........ He is so confused. I don't know why it matters so much to me. I have just ALWAYS wanted a left handed child and he was my last hope. And all of the sudden he started acting like he could be left handed and I am trying not to get too excited about it, incase he's really not.
As for me. I had a better week this week. I got a raise and I really like it. I was visiting at a house and the dogs started barking ferociously. And I looked over toward the front door and there was a TURKEY standing there. I fumbled to get my phone ready to take a picture of it and it started walking away. I was laughing so hard the picture is all fuzzy. I mean really.... a turkey? So funny.
And that is all......
3 comments:
Oh Kaci....I just love reading your blog. You are the best! You Little women are great moms and I need to take some pages out of your books. Oh everyday the Lord keeps blessing me with insight into what I need to do differently. I am so grateful for this but at the same time, man it's a bit rough. I love how all your kids are all hard working and self sufficient, what a tribute to you for helping them to become independent people. You are amazing and I sure love you!
I hope you have a great week!
Hey thanks for the update. No BIG surprises but I'm always happy to be reminded of what my kids are doing and how cute they are, etc. Brayden has been posting things on Facebook that, normally, I would think were weird but they are from Tangled and I knew he had been watching it. I love that he loves beautiful things...music, flowers, beautiful movies and beautiful girls. I asked him about his "girlfriend" and he clammed right up. I wondered if they were still a "thing" but her picture is still on his FB and, you know, they can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true....so bon jour.
I went into Great Harvest yesterday and I thought I might see Quin but she wasn't working. She'll be so cute there.
I drove Morgan to Kaylee's house on Friday and she told me she really liked Girls' Camp. That made my heart go pitter-patter. She didn't give me any details but her liking it was enough.
When I came over to read to the little kids on Friday, Allie was "in charge". Everything seemed very under control and she was happy. She wanted me to make them some eggs. I said, "Allie, you know how to scramble eggs." She said, "you scramble better than me, Nana." So, of course, I melted and scrambled eggs. It took a whole dozen to feed those little kids. I don't know how you and Raleigh pay for all that food!!!
My comment about the little kids is.....they are THE CUTEST kids EVER!!!! They were so excited when I was there on Friday and they sat right next to me as we read Goodnight Moon (Kaleigh's favorite) and a few other new books that Kori has let me borrow. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those little kids. I can't imagine our life without them.
I'm glad you and Raleigh had a weekend together, crazy as it was. That's life when you have SEVEN children....CRAZY. Raleigh probably was happy to go back to work, I remember some days I felt like that and I only had three. But they grew up and are the lights of my life.
Great updates! I think Bray's girlie is so cute...wish he would man up and bring her around sometime?
Quin looks so cute in her "uniform". I think she will like working there. Brett is such a great guy and so many fun people go there on a regular basis. Tell her Aunt Kami could use a sugar cookie.
Glad Morgan liked cam. I have such good memories of girls camp...real testimony builders.
Happy Allie is home and taking charge. She needs to feel needed!
I also love that Pey charged a bunch of money to Eric's account. Ha serves him right for all the money spend on his "games".
KK is just the cutest and I can totally picture her whispering about the popcorn while flashing a peace sign with puckered lips. She cracks me up.
Boy takes after his Papa...that will be so fun!
Glad you and your hubby could spend some time together...nothing beats it...EVER!!!
Post a Comment