Sunday, October 27, 2013

Rock 'n Roll

It's been quite a week for me.  Mostly because I am a huge wimp and slightly dramatic.  Also because I have a propensity toward strange, interesting and odd life events.  The biggest news of the week was Raleigh's unnecessary and completely stupid departure to California.  Best Buy brilliantly spends hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to gather hundreds of it's managers together in to one location so that a collective group can be educated on the "NEW" holiday plan.

Okay managers, this year the holiday plan is to.........  wait for it..........  sell stuff to people who come in to our stores.  We will do this by.....   wait for it.........  scanning their merchandise at registers and putting the money they give us into the drawers.  Now, immediately following this meeting, we will all eat horrible food and then we will have an nighttime activity of substandard level entertainment and if you choose to pay insane amounts of money, you can purchase your weight in alcohol and act like complete idiots.  

In the meantime, back at home, there are children wondering where their parents are and spouses who are overwhelmed with childcare perplexities, increased workloads, flat tires on their suburbans, spiders on their porches with butts as big as bowling balls, strange sounds in the middle of the night and sad hearts.



Well, I am happy to report, I made the most of the hand I was dealt.  I made "crap" dinners that I would NEVER make if our dad was eating with us.  And the children shouted with joy.  I left dishes in the sink overnight.  I slept with the bathroom light on.  I watched two chick flicks.  I wore knee socks to bed.   And then my boss asked me to sing back up in his band this week.  So, I attended a couple of practices and it was SO fun.  At the end of the practices, we would sing random classic rock songs for fun, but we sounded really good.  I really had a good time.
 Here I am in the Rockinist outfit I could find in my conservative closet.
I bought those boots at the Christensen's After Christmas Sale 
last year for $10.00 and I have never worn them.  

Because why would I wear those anywhere?? 
Except... if I were, on the off chance, ever asked to sing in a band.
And what do you know?  



I had forgotten how much I love performing and harmonizing and looking like a complete loser on stage.  I am 40 something.  And those boys behind me aren't in their 20s yet.  But, I felt like a teenager again.  It was a blast.

And the week came to an end and I picked up my LOVER from the airport with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart.  And thankfully we are back to our normal routine...  a complete family again.

HOORAY!!


5 comments:

Tasia said...

I love your posts!!! Wish I could have heard you rockin out!!! I had not idea that you were a singer. That is so awesome! And you look adorable by the way. :)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

GROSS spider...I hate those things. YUCK!
All the other pictures are super cute though. How fun for you to get to be a rock star for a night. Wish I could have come to watch. so FUN!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I too love your posts. I wish I could have been there to see and hear you sing. I bet you were awesome. How fun for you to get to relive the teen years and have some rock n' roll fun! You look darling as usual! I've decided that the Little family has beautiful people in it! I'm so glad that your sweetie is back home with you!

Jen said...

Seriously?? I didn't know you were a singer either! You, my friend, have got the be the coolest mom I know. Congrats on getting the hubs back home, and thanks once again for keeping me cheerfully entertained!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you...no BIG traumas while Raleigh was gone...well at least none that I know about. The spider might have pushed me over the edge but you handled it like a pro. I guess you really are a big girl now.

The band performance sounds like it was fun. Maybe this will become a permanent gig for you and you can quit your day job...hehehe.