Sunday, October 6, 2013

I Love Conference Weekend

Conference Weekend began with the Mayor's Walk.  This year, Raleigh and I walked with Ma and Pa.  We made it to the finish line in 50 minutes.  Not a great time, but it's because we were slowed up by Mayor Dan who kept making us sing "Oh what a beautiful morning"

We met up with Kami and Brent at the park.  I had four shirts on and I was FREEZING!




Quincey and her friend, Ashley and Brent were "catchers" at the finish line.  
Quincey said she'd never seen so much puke in her life.  
Poor Ashley... a lady threw up pineapple chunks all over her shoes.
There was a post Mayor's Walk drawing and I won a super cool prize.  Dad won one too.  Not bad that 2 of the 4 of us were victorious.

Raleigh and I raced home to catch the first session of conference.  Although, I should probably be honest, both of us drifted in and out of sleep.  Then I tidied up the inside of the house and he cleaned out the garage.  My boss came over and hung out with us for a couple of hours while Raleigh, the technical wizard, fixed his phone.

We were both coherent for the entire second session and then all the men went to the priesthood session and the girls made dessert for our traditional after conference dessert night.

I love conference weekend, especially when it is accompanied with fun events and Raleigh having the weekend off.  I am so looking forward to Sunday's Sessions.  I love being inspired to be better.


3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I too love conference weekend! It is probably one of my very favorite weekends! Glad you guys got to enjoy it together!

Anonymous said...

The funnest weekend ever! I loved it all. Glad we got to be together.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

It was so fun to see you at the finish line once again! I am so glad that someone in my family won a prize...is that a perk?...just luck i'm afraid.
I love conference weekend too...however I think I love April conference weekend more! :)
Glad this weekend is over...looking forward to next weekend when I can relax a bit.