Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ring it in...

The first week of January was so fun.
 We celebrated, as we always do, at our annual First day of the Year Lunch
at Sakura.  We've done it every year, for years.
With the exception of the year that we were in the hospital with Ryker
 And we acted goofy
 And we made out at the table.... kinda
But the bottom line is... we survived another holiday season
and we were celebrating the end of the LONG hours...
and the not seeing each other for days...
and the stress of the hustle and bustle.
We are so excited to be back to normal.
 Then we got some new kicks....  at an unbelievable price
 And we were too lazy to move to the couch
to watch our football games.
So we sat in these uncomfortable chairs until our bums went numb
 And the GREATEST news of all...
We have church at 11:00 now






 And this little girl enjoyed her FIRST day in Primary
And her teacher is Sister Mickey
only the BEST Sunbeam teacher in the church.
KK calls her "My Sister Teacher"
 Jesus wants ME for a Sunbeam...  YO!
And then TONIGHT....  Is the total most important night of the entire year...  I have only been waiting for it for the last 46 weeks.  And I am so happy and excited and Matthew-heartbroken and full of anticipation and I cannot wait for the clock to strike 8:00 pm and I am going to snuggle up next to my favorite boy and watch only the greatest Television Achievement of this the 21st Century and a little over half the last.  It is a Magnum Opus.  And it makes me really.... really overjoyed.

It's Downton Abbey Time...  ya'all.  

Welcome 2014
Be Good to Us

3 comments:

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I swear that I left a comment on here but I guess I just thought I did and really didn't. Your tradition on New Years Day is awesome. We always get together for New Years Eve and then on New Years Day were wiped out and it's just a lazy stay at home day. Maybe we need to change it up next year. Glad that you also get your hubby back and that the holidays are over. It's fun but I'm always glad when it's over too:)
Your kids are too cute! I love seeing all their pictures. I love what KK calls her primary teacher...How cute is that! I teach the 4 yr. olds in our ward (3rd year) I absolutely LOVE it. Last week one of the little boys in my class kept calling me, "Sister Brilynn's Mom" Isn't that so cute?! Enjoy those cute little ones. I didn't do that enough! I was too busy worrying about a bunch nonsense!
I hope your new year is off to a great start!

Love,
JoLynn

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! Cute post. I'm glad you all survived the holidays and that they are behind us for another year. Sometimes it seems like Christmas is every other month. Our lunch at Sakura was fun, I look forward to it every year.

I'm really, really thrilled that your church time has changed. I know it will be so much easier than 9:00 a.m. Now the kids will be dressed cute and have cute hair, etc. How fun!! I think KK will be the star of Primary. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in her class. I hear she's already been assigned a talk this Sunday. I think I'll sneak over to listen.

Downton Abbey....It's good again this season. I miss Matthew a lot but I think it will be OK, eventually. Life goes on I guess, even on DA.

Kris said...

Cute family. Love the pink shoess for BOTH of you! What a Man!