Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014 (photo overload)

Easter Weekend did not disappoint.  

In January of 2013, Quincey had a fender bender in my car and munched the front.  The grille was cracked, the lights were broken, my Nissan emblem fell off completely and the worst part.... my hood wouldn't close all the way.  I have had several men stop me all over St. George and try to be gentlemanly, asking if they can close my hood for me.  I looked like I was a mess every time I got into it.  But, it was #109 on my list of things that I needed to spend my money on.
The Sad Before Photo

I kinda think it bothered my boss.  I use my car for work and I may or may not look unprofessional as I drive my broken down, junk yard car up to appointments.  I don't know....  the car doesn't make the girl...  at least that is what I kept telling my self.

Well...........

On Wednesday, my boss stole my car.  With Raleigh's help.  The two of them concocted some cockamamie story that I totally believed and he whisked my car off to the body shop
 And he restored it to optimum condition.  Better than that, it's perfection.  It looks brand new from the front.  My boss is connected all over town and so, he had a buddy do the work for him.  And I'm sure he got a smokin' deal.  But that is beside the point.  I can barley allow someone to buy me lunch, much less fix 1/3 of my car.  So, I wrote out a check and left it on his desk.  And when he came into work and saw it, he lit it on fire and threw it in the trash can.  And then said, "let me do this for you because you do good work for me and I value your contributions.  And this is how I will say thank you for all you do for me."

bleh........... guilt to maximum proportions. 
 For Valentines Day, Raleigh and I gave each other massage packages.  But have never gone.  So on Friday we finally set appointments for a couple's massage.  This is huge.  A Friday Night.  Me and my Lover, on a FRIDAY NIGHT?????  At the massage parlor.  He was completely NUDE.  Me, not so nude.  But totally relaxed, rejuvenated and restored.
And feeling loved on a dang Friday Night, Jack.


Saturday Morning, I don't know how, but we managed to get the chickens up and dressed with their hair done and to the Ward Easter Egg hunt by 8:30.  But we sure as heck, did.

Your typical Ward Breakfast was served
And there was a MASSIVE turn out.  
And it was pretty cute. 








 Then we dropped the little kids off at the house and Morgan and Raleigh and I ran errands for 3 hours.  Stopping to eat at The Habit and enjoyed the outdoors.  It was perfect weather.  We didn't want to leave.

Next, we changed into our laying out/gardening clothes and got a little tan and planted our garden.
This year, we are going to try our hand with watermelon, pumpkins, peas and cucumbers.
Last year our cucumbers were amazing.  I have higher expectations for this year's crop.


 Raleigh started squirting Ry and he took off running, but he's not completely coordinated yet, so this is what happens.  We laughed for so long that I just happened to capture it.


We woke up Easter Morning to find that "Peter Rabbit" had visited our house.  Our little kids for some reason call him Peter Rabbit and not the Easter Bunny like every other kid.  I don't know where they learned that.  Anyway,  Peter brought the big kids a T-shirt and a carmel Apple.  And the little kids had baskets filled with more candy than they will ever be able to eat.

We were ready for church half hour early and considered sitting in the soft chairs, but thought better of it and sat in our usual row by the door in the cultural hall.  Ryker at some point stashed some Reese's Peanut Butter Cup eggs in his Easter Shorts pockets.  And they started to melt and leak through his pants.  Raleigh motioned to me and said "what is that?"  And I stuck my hand in his pocket and discovered a pool of chocolate and peanut butter.  Which I had no choice but to lick off.  Needless to say, he went home right after Sacrament Meeting.


 We were disappointed with the dress selection this year.  I didn't love the girl's dresses like I did last year.  But, they looked darling anyway.  And LOVED the egg hunt in Papa and Nana's backyard.

Just a side note:  Totally unrelated to anything prior.  When we ask Ryker what is name is he says
"Walter Jamths Wunt"  And his birthday is Athember twenty nine.  Consequently, we call him Walt now.  And unfortunately, I think it's going to stick.   It's so horrible because people are going to think we named him that.  And he's going to be all confused.  But, Raleigh calls everyone a nick name...  so Walter it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your car must be a "have to see it in person" thing because honestly I can't see much difference in these pictures. But it sure was a nice thing for Gregg to do. A Really Nice Thing!!

I'm so happy that you all have the weekends together now and it looks like you're taking full advantage. I'm so impressed with you getting to the Easter Egg Hunt by 8:30 a.m. That is quite an accomplishment. The weather was just perfect for an Easter weekend.

Of course, the kids looked darling for Easter at our house. I really do love it when everyone is here. I know it's a little crowded but I love it anyway. I hope these get-togethers will last for many years to come. Cute picture of Raleigh at the end...he's one photogenic guy. I think you should look into a modeling career for him if his current gig doesn't work out.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Your ward Easter egg hunt looks like it was really cute and fun! I thought your kids looked as darling as ever in their Easter clothes. Such cute kids. I love Ryker's new nick name. Walter is a good nick name:)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

So many fun activities and cute pictures! It was a perfect weather weekend for all the outdoor festivities.
Loved spending Easter together. Then kids were darling...as usual!