Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nothing's as sure as change

Here is what I want on my headstone:

"Here lies Kaci.  The Eternal Chameleon.  Who learned the art of adaptation through forced compliance to unplanned and unwanted change.  And it killed her.    Hope you're all happy."

I hate change.  I hate learning new things,  I hate feeling stupid, not having my usual routine, I hate new rules,  new surroundings and having the feeling of uncertainty with no guarantees.  

I hate even more when my plan is to be pessimistic and gloom and doom about the hand that I have been dealt, assuming that I'm going to hate every day of my new life from now until the next round of change in thrust upon me........ and then I'm wrong about everything and Raleigh was right.....  again.  I really hate that.   

Anyway, as a result of a lot of change and nearly every part of it being positive and happy and good for me and some parts necessary and other parts a blessing in disguise,   I have neglected a lot of things that I used to have a lot more time for and then there are some things that I haven't kept up with because I am being a brat and I don't feel like doing them anymore.   And I have really good reasons for it and I am justified in my feelings.

But Morgan, who is wise beyond her years said to me the other day....  I get the why of your not wanting to blog anymore.  But, it's sad for those of us who count on you to keep a record of our lives. 

So.....  here is an update.  Even though I'm not thrilled to do it.  

 Kami introduced me to "The Cluuuub."  I didn't want to go because it sounded complicated and a little confusing and I didn't want to start this new thing that I was going to have to be committed to and "change" up my routine.  But one day, I took the plunge and by darned, it has changed my life.  You know that 5 pounds I have been trying to lose since Ryker?.........  Gone.  Not to mention, I have tons of energy, I feel great,  I'm happier and I get to see Kami every morning.  Life changing experience,  the club.  I am so glad I changed.
 Then I converted Raleigh.  He isn't as loyal as me, but he goes with me on Wednesdays and some Saturdays.  He sure is looking good.  Hubba Hubba.  Body changes for the better are SO nice.  Lots of body changes happening here.....
 Waffle Love came to town and it's lovely.  We follow them around and partake.  Well... Raleigh does and he lets me have his whip cream.  He's a good sharer.  I love that our town is getting so many new things.  I LOVE Charming Charlie's and all of the new restaurants.  Not to mention the new bridge.  I will for sure be blogging about the new bridge.  I have been waiting for that thing for over 10 years.
 Our sweet, Peyton turned 5.  I could go on and on about her.  She is absolutely brilliant.  She talks like a 30 year old and more often than not she speaks in an English Accent.  She says words like lovely and quite.  She also tells us that there are "pressure plates in front of iron doors and one would use flint and steel to start a fire"  It's a Minecraft thing.  Which she is nearly PRO at.
 She is darling, athletic, calm, smart, helpful and kind.  Her face is changing as every day she gets at least 10 new "sparkles" which are freckles.  They are getting so dark and her face is starting to look like Mokee's.  (and dad's when he was little)
 Brayden is much to my disappointment growing out his hair again.  I hate it.  It makes me nutso.  And for some reason, this cute girl likes it.  And he likes her and they are nice friends.  Brayden is LOVING college and is also working all the time and is making a ton of money.  I love this boy more than words can say.  He is such a good boy and he is always there when I need him even if it's just to give me a long, awkward hug.  Hair changes=no bueno!

 The little elf has started Dance Class.  She goes every Tuesday and I wish I could say that I am there to take her and get her ready and watch her and bring her home.....  but that blasted change happened and so....  Quincey gets her ready for me,  Nana picks her up,  Dad and Nana go over and watch her through the one way mirror,  Nana takes her to her house afterward and gives her a snack and I pick her up on my way home from work.  It takes a Village you know......  I couldn't do this without the Village.   Thank you, Village.
 Man, she's cute.
 The kids room flooded 3 times, every time it rained.  And the carpet started to smell.  But last weekend the problem was repaired and the carpet all cleaned up, pad replaced and we are back in business.
 Allie started the 7th grade.  She is happy/not happy depending on the day to be at the same school.  She loves some of her friends.  She rides her scooter to the bus stop in the near pitch black.  She is very independent and responsible that way.   I'm not sure what she does with her scooter while she's at school....  I've never asked.
 Morgan is a Sophomore.  But make no mistake, she only hangs out with Juniors and Seniors.  She has a ride to lunch every day from someone and she has the greatest group of friends.   She is never home.  She is very pretty.
 I had a cyst removed a month ago and I am still limping.  I wear my 5 inch heels like a big dummy and because I am unstable I have fallen no less than 23 times.  Once in the gutter in front of our bishops house in front of half the ward.  I need for it to be clear that I have mastered the art of the fall.  I do it with grace and class and people hardly laugh because it looks so professional.  I spring up as fast as I hit the dirt and I hardly make a sound.  Sometimes people are oblivious that I have gone down I am so good at it.  I pick up right where I left off.  Without skipping a beat.  That takes skill.
 Our blasted air conditioner went out for the second summer in a row.  But we Lund's are resilient.   We had good attitudes and spent a lot of time in the back yard and ate a lot of popsicles.
 Football started.  This guy is so excited, he can't even sit down.  Well that and the fact that he can't see past the end of his nose.  But.......  that isn't the case anymore.  He is a contact wearer now.  And life opened up to him.  And we will be getting him some botox to repair his permanent squinting wrinkles.  As for football season.  I love it.  The sound of it filling up my house makes me so happy.  Football season also ushers in cooler weather, a change I am always thrilled to see.  I am so excited for boots!!!

We took a quick trip to Cali to attend Wendy Thomas' wedding.  So out of character for me to suggest we take the triplets in the car for a 7 hour drive there and back in 2 1/2 days.  But we had a blast.  I will always love the memories of that trip.  Kaleigh still asks if we can go back to the hotel.

As for Wendy, this change for her is so fabulous!  I am so happy she gets to be with the one she loves.  I watched him as they were getting married and the look on his face as he looked at her was so darling.   I know he will take very good care of her.  The care she deserves and has been without for way too long.  I love that she is in love.  And that the long, arduous journey has come to an end.  So happy for her changes!!


 Steak and Shake for.......  shakes and wiggle release and goofy faces.



 Corona Del Mar....  the beach of my childhood.  Many a Saturday were spent here until I achieved maximum Lobsterness.  It felt so good to be back.  I was in heaven.  I really loved watching my kiddies frolic in the water and play in the sand.
 Here is Raleigh watching one game on the iPad and one on his phone at the same time which he somehow managed to stream from our house????????  I didn't get it when he tried to explain it to me but the jist is the hotel doesn't have "the football package" but we do at home and I am a technological genius and so I will make it so what we have at home, joins us in our hotel room 600 miles away.  Mind blowing.  Constant technological changes are so fun when you are married to someone who understands how to utilize them.




 We were 5 hours ahead of the I-15 Las Vegas shutdown.  How lucky are we that we didn't have to spend 2 nights in LV and then take the 10 hour back roads route from Vegas to St George.  So lucky!!!
 And I got some specks too.  However, my pupils were dilated when I was choosing my frames and I thought these looked pretty freakin' amazing on me at the time and then when I went to pick them up they looked super lame but I was into them $237, so I am forced to like them.  They don't even help me see better.  When I look down at the ground, it looks like it is 700 miles away and then I am not sure where to step and then I fall.  Weird.   It sucks to be uncoordinated and blind.

And finally, my beautiful Quincey turned 18 last week.  I can't believe it.  I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  I can't believe that day was 18 years and another life ago.  She is a senior this year and is only going to school part time so she can help me with the kids and so that she can work.  She is a good girl with a bright future.

I am so blessed.  I feel so blessed everyday.  I don't deserve to be so blessed.  I know that I am being watched over and my life is being guided.  I know these changes are what is best for us.  I know that my embracing them will be a symbol of my gratitude.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kaci,
Your blog makes me laugh in real life. I love reading it. Thanks for being awesome.
Danielle B.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I am Soooo happy that blogged again and I truly hope that you'll continue to blog because I really really enjoy reading it! I love the way you write, the way you tell stories, the way you are real!
I want to first off say that I hate change too, but sadly it's life, thank goodness that sometimes change is good! Second of all I want to thank you for letting me in on what "the club" is. For a while now I've been wondering about this "club". Is it just herbal drinks or is it also a gym? Wish I could join "the club" in the last yr or so I've gained 15 pounds. I had BIG hopes of loosing it for Blake's wedding, but I did not. So now forever, I will have fat pictures at his wedding. Anyway, I'd sure like to loose that 15 pounds, I guess I'll have to quit eating so much Waffle luv a vs Wafflecrush. But man it's yummy.
Anyway, about your adorable family, they ate ALL so darling! I love hearing all about the and seeing all their cute pictures! Enjoy football season and cooler weather. I love this time of year! It's the best!!

Take Care!
JoLynn