I look forward every year to this time of year. But the first weekend in October is always my favorite. So many traditional activities take place. We have to have at least one night in the Summer that we set up the tent. The little children begged and begged this week. It took 45 minutes for them to bring all the "necessary" items that they needed out to the tent. 50 toys each. Blankets. Pillows. Crackers. Water bottles. Cookies. Of course, no clothing. The iPad. Mom's phone. And Dad's Christmas Flashlight.
Then Dad said "stay in the tent for two hours." But as soon as the sun went down and the temperature dropped ever so slightly, in they came. And NOTHING came in with them. It took Dad 2 hours to clean up. So not worth the effort.
Quincey gets KK ready for dance every week. And every week it looks like I take her to the salon on the way to class. Quincey is going to hair school in June. She is going to be SOOOOO good at her job.The beloved Mall Dr Bridge opened up this week. I literally wept as I drove over it. I have been anticipating and planning for this thoroughfare for 10 years, but really intensely and with a little prayer for over 2 years. The ease and convenience that it will provide our family is immeasurable. It will shave 5 to 10 minutes off of EVERY commute. My mom said it's like getting out of jail. It feels a little like that. Such a glorious road.
Raleigh and I walked in our 4th Mayor's Walk...... ushering in the Marathon. We walked with mom and dad again. It was so fun. I just love it so much.
Here is the winner.
Aaron is Kami's friend and coworker. Last time he won he gave his winnings to Kami (a treadmill). I wonder what she'll win this time.
A trip to Japan, Kam......
Then our boys went to the Priesthood Session of conference and as always, the girls got together to make treats. This year we watched mom make cinnamon bread.
I am a little sad when it's over and we have to wait to do it again for a whole year.
But........ we have BIG goings on happening
So, I am moving on to those events










3 comments:
Looks like it was a great week! I love your new bridge. So exciting! I also love K'S hair soon cute! I love how the men go off so handsome to Priesthood, it makes me so happy to see their dedication. I also love that you all go support Kami. I really want to come up next yr. It looks like an event we shod come to and support!
Thank you for blogging!
I for one am GLAD it's over! Although I do this this time of year and I do look forward to it all year...it sure is a lot of work and makes me very tired. I think I will look forward to the second week in October from now on! :) It is fun having you guys there when we get back from the start line. A good tradition.
Fun tent idea...too bad it didn't take.
I love coming over on Tuesday's and seeing her after dance. She always looks so cute and is excited about what she learned that day.
Sad we missed the after party and bread making experience...actually not too sad...I needed sleep and to shed a few tears in private.
Until next year!
Love your blog even though I dont always comment I always read and smile. The tent story is so familiar and funny ! Your kids are darling and life is rich with fun and crazy ! Lucky you...hugs Karen~
Post a Comment