Sunday, November 23, 2014

Family Photos 2014

We try to get every one together once a year and go the the "cow field" to take family pictures.  We fight all day leading up to it about what we are going to wear, the color scheme and location.
It's usually a riot.  Someone always steps in poop.  Someone hits someone else.  At least two people are crying when we leave.  We are freezing.  And since we are there illegally, I am a nervous wreck the entire time.  Raleigh told me before we left, that if Farmer Ted showed up, he'd do all the talking.

We don't take a photographer.  Raleigh sets up the tripod and puts the camera on the multiple photo setting and runs back and forth.  I don't know how the little kids know to look at the camera and smile.  They turn out by some small miracle and make me happy.  
 Every once in a while Kaleigh has a photogenic day and people who don't see her in person can get a glimpse of how darling she is...  today was one of those days
 I guess this one was the winner.  Mostly because of how Kaleigh is standing and every one looks decent
 And then we got silly as we do traditionally.  These end up being our favorite memories





 Peyton
 Kaleigh
 Mom and Dad
 Morgan
 Kaleigh again
 Ryker
 Allison
 Mokee and Bray
 Quincey and "Walt"


Oh and our tree is up and it's DARLING.
I love it so much this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just this morning saw that you had a new post and, of course, I LOVE it!!! I think your pictures turned out so cute. I'm always impressed with the "selfies" your family takes. Thanks for going to all this trouble because I'm pretty sure I'll get an 8 x 10 for Christmas. P.S. Your tree is really pretty this year and even prettier in person. Merry Christmas to you ALL!!!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I LOVE your Pictures! I admire you for being so diligent and getting family pictures each year! We do this too and quite honestly it is a huge unpleasant task! I was SO darn thankful that Blake and Annie got married close to the end of the year and that we could just use the pictures from the wedding! You have a gorgeous family!!!