I found this picture of us on the day of our sealing, otherwise known as the happiest day of my life. I can see the happiness in my eyes. I remember the feeling like it was yesterday, knowing that I would get to be with him for the rest of my existence was the greatest feeling. Plus, he is so cute. And fabulous.
Raleigh and I were sitting at Five Guys and there was a family there with little babies and he said "that used to be us" and I said "I can hardly remember that time of our life, that time is a complete blur." And he agreed. It feels like it never happened, like it was a dream.
I am so grateful that I documented all those thoughts and feelings and memories, so that I can go back and remember. We have really been blessed. I love our life.
Peyton started soccer in her oversized shirt.
She is a bit of a tom boy and she has some natural talent.
But, she mostly loves to socialize out on the field with all of her friends.
On the way to last week's game, I said "no hand stands or cart wheels during tonight's game.
You can do those things during half time."
She was sad, but she obeyed.
Morgan turned 17.
And she got a TON of money, which she bought a ton of clothes with
that I fully intend to borrow.
Additionally, after 2 weeks of waiting, Parker finally answered her back.
We were not worried, but it IS customary to reply to the invitation and he was
not replying. And maybe we should have left well enough alone because when he finally did reply,
he did so by dropping a real life, super loud chicken on our doorstep. And he never gave a thought
to what we were going to do with it.
The poor little guy was so upset.
Chirping wildly and pooping every 10 seconds
Lucky for ducky, we have several friends who have
chicken coops and the McDonalds came and picked her up
and gave her a new home.
The day portion of the date began with golfing.
What I will say about golfing is
Parker is a soccer player
and
Morgan is so pretty.
Then they ran over for Parker's soccer game
Which incidentally threw a huge wrench in the whole day portion of the date
because his game was at 1:00
And then.... because it is a girl ask guy dance,
Morgan had to pick HIM up and so this is all I got until the real
pictures came back
They had a great time.
She LOVES him
And he is leaving on his mission soon
sniff sniff
will we survive???
While they were dating, we went to watch Garrett play some
baseball. It was so hot. But, it was fun to be together
We also used the warm weather to kick start our
Lund Family Hiking Season
We discovered last year that we love hiking.
And we've been talking all winter about where we are going to
go this summer. We started off very locally at Dixie Rock.
And man.... we are out of shape
Allie has had a rockin' quarter.
She was the Student of the Month for the Fine Arts Department
in January and she forgot to tell me about it until March.
It's a huge deal. She is so talented.
She has also maintained a 4.0 this entire year.
I am so proud of her.
Raleigh's work Easter party had an Easter Egg hunt
And a magician
And KK was so afraid of him for some reason.
I finally convinced her to sit with me in the very back
and she held onto my arm the entire time.
I love her.
I think I love her even more because she loves me so much.
I ask her to sleep with me every night because since her seizure, I am very afraid to let her
sleep alone. Yes, I know it's been a year. And yes, I know I am a crazy person. But, I am just not taking any chances with her.
Anyway, she usually falls asleep on the couch or in her bed and then she'll
come into our bed around midnight.
Last night, she laid there for about 5 minutes and then she whispered....
Last night, she laid there for about 5 minutes and then she whispered....
"Mama, can I hold your hand."
I burst into tears.
Nothing would make me happier than to hold your hand
And so I laid there holding her tiny hand in mine and bawled like a baby
at how much I love her little spirit
Finally, we ended our month with an Easter Day Celebration
We went to Papa and Nana's
And for some reason our camera-camera took our picture
in weird color.
Another month reported
We are inching closer to Summer.... or rather May.
I set some personal family goals for May and I never thought we would survive these months
but we have and it's gone really fast and we have done remarkably well.
I will feel a gigantic sense of accomplishment when May gets here that we weathered the storm of babysitting issues, work issues and school issues.
We are very nearly accomplished


2 comments:
I'm so happy that you continue to document your life each month. It's very fun to read about everyone and see all the cute pictures (even if I did take a lot of them). You sure do have a darling family. It's wonderful to see the progress everyone is making, although there was no mention of Ryker and his progress?? I think he's growing up to be quite the Stud!! Good Luck with that.
I don't think I posted that last comment...my guess was that mom was signed in as me?? But I too am glad you continue to update your blog each month. Your wit always puts a smile on my face at 6:00 am. I love it.
You sure had another BUSY month...lots going on with lots of children. Glad I could be a part of some of it.
Love you...and your sweet sweet family.
Post a Comment